Got Aero to work in Vista Home Basic !!

Jelle

      5th Dec 2006
I installed a 6000(rtm) version of Basic yesterday to have a look. Of
course aero wasn't there among some other minor things like Chess. So
today i switched back from classic theme to Standard, and to my big
surpise Aero got switched on, including Flip3D and all stuff.

How this can happen i do not know, maybe Vista sees the Dx9 card and
decided to give the user Aero?? Hope this ain't a bug that will get
fiexed, cause I'd like to go for the Home Basic version.

Roy Coorne

      5th Dec 2006
Jelle schrieb:
> I installed a 6000(rtm) version of Basic yesterday to have a look. Of
> course aero wasn't there among some other minor things like Chess. So
> today i switched back from classic theme to Standard, and to my big
> surpise Aero got switched on, including Flip3D and all stuff.
>
> How this can happen i do not know, maybe Vista sees the Dx9 card and
> decided to give the user Aero?? Hope this ain't a bug that will get
> fiexed, cause I'd like to go for the Home Basic version.

You got the Vista Millennium Edition with Aero Basic;-)

Travis King

      5th Dec 2006
Vista Home Basic comes with Windows Vista Standard, which has Aero Glass
without transparencies, Flip 3D, and live thumbnail previews. Are you sure
this isn't what you got or did you actually get full-blown Aero? From the
way you said it, you got Flip 3D and the like, which does sound kind of odd.
"Roy Coorne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jelle schrieb:
>> I installed a 6000(rtm) version of Basic yesterday to have a look. Of
>> course aero wasn't there among some other minor things like Chess. So
>> today i switched back from classic theme to Standard, and to my big
>> surpise Aero got switched on, including Flip3D and all stuff.
>>
>> How this can happen i do not know, maybe Vista sees the Dx9 card and
>> decided to give the user Aero?? Hope this ain't a bug that will get
>> fiexed, cause I'd like to go for the Home Basic version.

> You got the Vista Millennium Edition with Aero Basic;-)

Dale

      6th Dec 2006
You know this bug will get fixed. I can give you a list of a few dozen that
won't get fixed but this bug won't be in that list LOL

Dale

news:(E-Mail Removed)...