Google Outlook Add-in

hash

      21st Aug 2007
Hello

I use Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate.

I installed Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin. I then did System Restore
as I did not want Google Desktop.

Now everytime I open Outlook I get the following message :
' The Add-in "Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin" (C:\Program
Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOffice.dll) cannot be loaded
and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer
for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.

I don't know how to uninstall the Add-in. I'll be grtateful for any
assistance. Thank you.

Regards
hash

F. H. Muffman

      21st Aug 2007
"hash" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> I use Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate.
>
> I installed Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin. I then did System
> Restore as I did not want Google Desktop.
>
> Now everytime I open Outlook I get the following message :
> ' The Add-in "Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin" (C:\Program
> Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOffice.dll) cannot be
> loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in
> manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall
> the Add-in.
>
> I don't know how to uninstall the Add-in. I'll be grtateful for any
> assistance. Thank you.

Tools - Trust Center - Add-Ins, at the bottom of the dialog, ensure COM
Add-ins is selected and click Go. Find the Google add-in in the list, click
it and hit Remove.

--
f.h.

Peter Foldes

      21st Aug 2007
Did you look in Add\Remove

--
Peter

"hash" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> I use Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate.
>
> I installed Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin. I then did System Restore
> as I did not want Google Desktop.
>
> Now everytime I open Outlook I get the following message :
> ' The Add-in "Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin" (C:\Program
> Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOffice.dll) cannot be loaded
> and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer
> for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.
>
> I don't know how to uninstall the Add-in. I'll be grtateful for any
> assistance. Thank you.
>
> Regards
> hash

Christian Goeller

      21st Aug 2007
hash, you wrote on Tue, 21 Aug 2007 00:05:00 +0100:

> Now everytime I open Outlook I get the following message :
> ' The Add-in "Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin" (C:\Program
> Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOffice.dll) cannot be loaded
> and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer
> for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.

Search for the file "extend.dat" and delete it. This file is usually
stored in

C:\Documentes and Settings\%Username%\Local Settings\Application
Datas\Microsoft\Outlook

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

New Member

      17th Sep 2008
I'm havingthe same issue...that annoying message everytime I open my outlook.

I've tried both solutions but it's still occuring...please help!

Thank you!

New Member

      12th Jan 2009
Christian,
Tried your suggestion & finally got rid of the "Add-In" message; however, now I am getting a message "The messaging interface as returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook" whenever I try to delete anything from my Delete File. Of course, restarting Outlook resolves nothing.

Any suggestions?? I really need to empty my Delete File, and I am stumped!

New Member

      21st Mar 2009
I corrected the original problem using Muffman's instructions, except that instead of selecting COM Add-ins, I selected (from the dropdown) Exchange Client Extensions, then unchecked the Google Desktop Search entry and saved it. No problems since.

New Member

      23rd Apr 2009
I too took the Muffman route but no success. Tried the variation posted by pastol and all seems fine now. Thanks.

New Member

      10th Jun 2009
I had been looking for a solution to this problem for a while. I joined this site and have found the help I needed I tried Muffman's instruction and unfortunately it did not work, but I read the rest of the postings and found Pastol's posting and this worked. Thanks

New Member

      22nd Jul 2009
If you are using Exchange then :

Within Outlook, click TOOLS, Trust Center, Add Ins then at the bottom of the screen, click Manage: Exchange Client Extension and uncheck the offending add in.
Good Luck