How to get rid of Paragraph symbol that has invaded word docs?

=?Utf-8?B?TmVlZHMgbGFiZWxz?=

      21st Mar 2006
While trying to work with a Word 2003 document that was formatted to print
labels, I believe I hit the return key while making a few changes.
Immediately, the label document changed format, and was populated with the
little Paragraph symbol. That symbol has populated all of my word documents
now. I hope this is a simple fix...I just don't seem to be able to figue out
how to make that paragraph symbol go away.

Thank you

Greg Maxey

      21st Mar 2006
Press CTRL+Shift and the "*" key.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Needs labels wrote:
> While trying to work with a Word 2003 document that was formatted to
> print labels, I believe I hit the return key while making a few
> changes. Immediately, the label document changed format, and was
> populated with the little Paragraph symbol. That symbol has
> populated all of my word documents now. I hope this is a simple
> fix...I just don't seem to be able to figue out how to make that
> paragraph symbol go away.
>
> Thank you

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      21st Mar 2006
There are several ways to "make it go away." Greg has mentioned one
(Ctrl+*); you can also click the Show/Hide ΒΆ button on your Standard
toolbar. You can also go to the View tab of Tools | Options and clear all
the check boxes under "Nonprinting characters" or "Formatting marks."

For an explanation of what all the symbols mean and why it is sometimes
helpful to be able to see them, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill