How to get rid of Adobe Flash Player d/l pop-up?

=?Utf-8?B?YXV0b2x5Y3VzTVM=?=

      5th Aug 2007
Can anyone help please? All of a sudden on just about every website i visit,
i get a pop-up from adobe asking if i want to download & instal their "flash
player". I DON'T want to, so i press "no", but a little later, it just pops
up again. And it locks the page until i decline again. It gets very tiresome
very quickly. Why has this suddenly happened and how can i get rid of it?
Thanks in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?bmFzcw==?=

      5th Aug 2007

"autolycusMS" wrote:

> Can anyone help please? All of a sudden on just about every website i visit,
> i get a pop-up from adobe asking if i want to download & instal their "flash
> player". I DON'T want to, so i press "no", but a little later, it just pops
> up again. And it locks the page until i decline again. It gets very tiresome
> very quickly. Why has this suddenly happened and how can i get rid of it?
> Thanks in advance.

Open Adobe Program then click Edit >> Preferences >> Look the Categories List:
Updates it will be the last in alphabetical order = Look in the right and
uncheck these settings:
Update and Notification check:
(*) Do not automatically check for critical updates

[ ] Display notification dialog at startup

Also check the Internet Option.
My Advice always get the critical update, but you can do this manually.
HTH.
nass
-----
www.nasstec.co.uk

=?Utf-8?B?YXV0b2x5Y3VzTVM=?=

      5th Aug 2007
Thanks Nass, i've done what you suggested, but the d/l is not a critical
update, it's an invitation to d/l their flash player. Anyway, i'll see what
happens. Thanks again.

"nass" wrote:

> "autolycusMS" wrote:
>
> > Can anyone help please? All of a sudden on just about every website i visit,
> > i get a pop-up from adobe asking if i want to download & instal their "flash
> > player". I DON'T want to, so i press "no", but a little later, it just pops
> > up again. And it locks the page until i decline again. It gets very tiresome
> > very quickly. Why has this suddenly happened and how can i get rid of it?
> > Thanks in advance.

> Open Adobe Program then click Edit >> Preferences >> Look the Categories List:
> Updates it will be the last in alphabetical order = Look in the right and
> uncheck these settings:
> Update and Notification check:
> (*) Do not automatically check for critical updates
>

> [ ] Display notification dialog at startup
>
> Also check the Internet Option.
> My Advice always get the critical update, but you can do this manually.
> HTH.
> nass
> -----
> www.nasstec.co.uk

C A Upsdell

      5th Aug 2007
autolycusMS wrote:
> Can anyone help please? All of a sudden on just about every website i visit,
> i get a pop-up from adobe asking if i want to download & instal their "flash
> player". I DON'T want to, so i press "no", but a little later, it just pops
> up again. And it locks the page until i decline again. It gets very tiresome
> very quickly. Why has this suddenly happened and how can i get rid of it?
> Thanks in advance.

You might consider downloading Flash. Is there some particular reason
you do not want to install it, or is it just a dislike of installing
plugins? Flash is very common, and its Player is installed by the great
majority of users: I would consider it a "must-have".

=?Utf-8?B?YXV0b2x5Y3VzTVM=?=

      5th Aug 2007
CA - well i've managed a good few years without it and i really don't want to
be coerced by an insistent pop-up. I'd rather choose freely what i d/l to my
PC.

Nass - the tips you gave me have not worked, i'm still getting the damned
pop-up. Any more suggestions. Is there a setting in IE i can change?

"autolycusMS" wrote:

> Can anyone help please? All of a sudden on just about every website i visit,
> i get a pop-up from adobe asking if i want to download & instal their "flash
> player". I DON'T want to, so i press "no", but a little later, it just pops
> up again. And it locks the page until i decline again. It gets very tiresome
> very quickly. Why has this suddenly happened and how can i get rid of it?
> Thanks in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?bmFzcw==?=

      5th Aug 2007

Auto,
I will approach this carefully, does this Adobe/Macromedia Website
invitation?.
Which I think it is as it happened to me ( does it greyish black with (F)
for flash the pop-up window bar?).
To eliminate a bad website trying to install a virus or unwanted app, try to
go to this site and install the latest Flash player which I believe is Flash
Player9:
http://www.adobe.com

You will not manage now Auto for simple reason, most website working with
flash player will try to Alert you you need to install flash to display their
website, which without you will not be able to display the website , also
Some Games.
If you give us example on that website to check and tell you if it using
flash built in page or not.
HTH.
nass
"autolycusMS" wrote:

> CA - well i've managed a good few years without it and i really don't want to
> be coerced by an insistent pop-up. I'd rather choose freely what i d/l to my
> PC.
>
> Nass - the tips you gave me have not worked, i'm still getting the damned
> pop-up. Any more suggestions. Is there a setting in IE i can change?
>
> "autolycusMS" wrote:
>
> > Can anyone help please? All of a sudden on just about every website i visit,
> > i get a pop-up from adobe asking if i want to download & instal their "flash
> > player". I DON'T want to, so i press "no", but a little later, it just pops
> > up again. And it locks the page until i decline again. It gets very tiresome
> > very quickly. Why has this suddenly happened and how can i get rid of it?
> > Thanks in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?YXV0b2x5Y3VzTVM=?=

      5th Aug 2007
Thanks Nass, but i'm really struggling hard to understand what you are
saying. I feel sure the pop-ups are genuine and come from Adobe.The thing is,
I don't have this programme on my H/D, I don't want to install this lousy
programme, and i don't want to be forced to - or to put up with these damn
pop-ups all the time. Are you saying that the sites i am visiting are
generating the pop-up? It just seems strange that this should happen all of a
sudden like this. As i say, i've never had this programme installed and never
had this insistent bullying to do so. If i say NO why doesn't the pop-up
stop? Can i ban the adobe IP or something? The more i feel forced to download
their programme, the more angry i get and the more i resist.

"nass" wrote:

> Auto,
> I will approach this carefully, does this Adobe/Macromedia Website
> invitation?.
> Which I think it is as it happened to me ( does it greyish black with (F)
> for flash the pop-up window bar?).
> To eliminate a bad website trying to install a virus or unwanted app, try to
> go to this site and install the latest Flash player which I believe is Flash
> Player9:
> http://www.adobe.com
>
> You will not manage now Auto for simple reason, most website working with
> flash player will try to Alert you you need to install flash to display their
> website, which without you will not be able to display the website , also
> Some Games.
> If you give us example on that website to check and tell you if it using
> flash built in page or not.
> HTH.
> nass
> "autolycusMS" wrote:
>
> > CA - well i've managed a good few years without it and i really don't want to
> > be coerced by an insistent pop-up. I'd rather choose freely what i d/l to my
> > PC.
> >
> > Nass - the tips you gave me have not worked, i'm still getting the damned
> > pop-up. Any more suggestions. Is there a setting in IE i can change?
> >
> > "autolycusMS" wrote:
> >
> > > Can anyone help please? All of a sudden on just about every website i visit,
> > > i get a pop-up from adobe asking if i want to download & instal their "flash
> > > player". I DON'T want to, so i press "no", but a little later, it just pops
> > > up again. And it locks the page until i decline again. It gets very tiresome
> > > very quickly. Why has this suddenly happened and how can i get rid of it?
> > > Thanks in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?YXV0b2x5Y3VzTVM=?=

      5th Aug 2007
Sorry, you asked for an example site - MSN hotmail for one!

"nass" wrote:

> Auto,
> I will approach this carefully, does this Adobe/Macromedia Website
> invitation?.
> Which I think it is as it happened to me ( does it greyish black with (F)
> for flash the pop-up window bar?).
> To eliminate a bad website trying to install a virus or unwanted app, try to
> go to this site and install the latest Flash player which I believe is Flash
> Player9:
> http://www.adobe.com
>
> You will not manage now Auto for simple reason, most website working with
> flash player will try to Alert you you need to install flash to display their
> website, which without you will not be able to display the website , also
> Some Games.
> If you give us example on that website to check and tell you if it using
> flash built in page or not.
> HTH.
> nass
> "autolycusMS" wrote:
>
> > CA - well i've managed a good few years without it and i really don't want to
> > be coerced by an insistent pop-up. I'd rather choose freely what i d/l to my
> > PC.
> >
> > Nass - the tips you gave me have not worked, i'm still getting the damned
> > pop-up. Any more suggestions. Is there a setting in IE i can change?
> >
> > "autolycusMS" wrote:
> >
> > > Can anyone help please? All of a sudden on just about every website i visit,
> > > i get a pop-up from adobe asking if i want to download & instal their "flash
> > > player". I DON'T want to, so i press "no", but a little later, it just pops
> > > up again. And it locks the page until i decline again. It gets very tiresome
> > > very quickly. Why has this suddenly happened and how can i get rid of it?
> > > Thanks in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?bmFzcw==?=

      6th Aug 2007

Hi,
If you have Adobe reader or any product it will offer your the update for
Macromedia.
Yes, The website you will visit or the game you play it will ask you to
download the macromedia Flash player to view their website.
Nothing harming from downloading Macromedia flash player, in fact it will
enhance the viewing for some websites you visit.

I think you have a macromedia flash installed ( an old version), I bet if
you search your system you will find it here:
C:\Program files\Macromedia
There is nothing to worry about from installing flash.
HTH.

"autolycusMS" wrote:

> Sorry, you asked for an example site - MSN hotmail for one!
>
> "nass" wrote:
>

> > Auto,
> > I will approach this carefully, does this Adobe/Macromedia Website
> > invitation?.
> > Which I think it is as it happened to me ( does it greyish black with (F)
> > for flash the pop-up window bar?).
> > To eliminate a bad website trying to install a virus or unwanted app, try to
> > go to this site and install the latest Flash player which I believe is Flash
> > Player9:
> > http://www.adobe.com
> >
> > You will not manage now Auto for simple reason, most website working with
> > flash player will try to Alert you you need to install flash to display their
> > website, which without you will not be able to display the website , also
> > Some Games.
> > If you give us example on that website to check and tell you if it using
> > flash built in page or not.
> > HTH.
> > nass
> > "autolycusMS" wrote:
> >
> > > CA - well i've managed a good few years without it and i really don't want to
> > > be coerced by an insistent pop-up. I'd rather choose freely what i d/l to my
> > > PC.
> > >
> > > Nass - the tips you gave me have not worked, i'm still getting the damned
> > > pop-up. Any more suggestions. Is there a setting in IE i can change?

=?Utf-8?B?YXV0b2x5Y3VzTVM=?=

      6th Aug 2007
Thanks again Nass. Like i said, i don't think it's an update, and i've only
got dreamweaver in my programmes/macromedia folder. And i am reassured that
the file is not harmful, it's just, as i said, i don't like being forced to
d/l anything, particularly if i don't need it. This runs against the whole
ethos of the internet as far as i'm concerned. It has made me very
"anti-adobe" and i shall certainly never buy any of their products. I am just
surprised that there is no defence against this facistic software and shall
continue to press "N" for as long as i can, thinking to myself "f&*k - you,
adobe!"