PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

How to get the recipient's email address in Redemption?

 
 
Bingo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      29th Nov 2004

I use Redemption's SafeRecipient to get both name and
email address for each recipient. This works fine for
all my external users but for internal users (on Exchange
Server), the Address property returns the following string

/O=CompanyName/OU=State/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=Name

How do I get the email addresses for these users in
Redemption? Thanks.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Sharad Naik
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      29th Nov 2004
Before SafeRecipient.Address
try SafeRecipient.Resolve

Sharad

"Bingo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9b9e01c4d62d$045e0740$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> I use Redemption's SafeRecipient to get both name and
> email address for each recipient. This works fine for
> all my external users but for internal users (on Exchange
> Server), the Address property returns the following string
>
> /O=CompanyName/OU=State/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=Name
>
> How do I get the email addresses for these users in
> Redemption? Thanks.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bingo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      29th Nov 2004
Still the same.


>-----Original Message-----
>Before SafeRecipient.Address
>try SafeRecipient.Resolve
>
>Sharad
>
>"Bingo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
>news:9b9e01c4d62d$045e0740$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> I use Redemption's SafeRecipient to get both name and
>> email address for each recipient. This works fine for
>> all my external users but for internal users (on

Exchange
>> Server), the Address property returns the following

string
>>
>> /O=CompanyName/OU=State/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=Name
>>
>> How do I get the email addresses for these users in
>> Redemption? Thanks.

>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Dmitry Streblechenko \(MVP\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      29th Nov 2004
You will need to read either the PR_SMTP_ADDRESS (0x39FE001E) or
PR_EMS_AB_PROXY_ADDRESSES (0x800F101E) property using
Recipient.AddressEntry.Fields()

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool


"Bingo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9b9e01c4d62d$045e0740$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> I use Redemption's SafeRecipient to get both name and
> email address for each recipient. This works fine for
> all my external users but for internal users (on Exchange
> Server), the Address property returns the following string
>
> /O=CompanyName/OU=State/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=Name
>
> How do I get the email addresses for these users in
> Redemption? Thanks.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Bingo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      29th Nov 2004
That solved the issue for recipients. What about for the
sender's email address? Thanks.

>-----Original Message-----
>You will need to read either the PR_SMTP_ADDRESS

(0x39FE001E) or
>PR_EMS_AB_PROXY_ADDRESSES (0x800F101E) property using
>Recipient.AddressEntry.Fields()
>
>Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
>http://www.dimastr.com/
>OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
>and MAPI Developer Tool
>
>
>"Bingo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
>news:9b9e01c4d62d$045e0740$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> I use Redemption's SafeRecipient to get both name and
>> email address for each recipient. This works fine for
>> all my external users but for internal users (on

Exchange
>> Server), the Address property returns the following

string
>>
>> /O=CompanyName/OU=State/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=Name
>>
>> How do I get the email addresses for these users in
>> Redemption? Thanks.

>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Dmitry Streblechenko \(MVP\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      29th Nov 2004
Same thing - SafeMailItem.Sender is Redemption.AddressEntry, same as
Recipient.AddressEntry, so SafeMailItem.Sender.Fields() will work the same
way.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool


"Bingo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9c9701c4d645$c61ad030$(E-Mail Removed)...
> That solved the issue for recipients. What about for the
> sender's email address? Thanks.
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >You will need to read either the PR_SMTP_ADDRESS

> (0x39FE001E) or
> >PR_EMS_AB_PROXY_ADDRESSES (0x800F101E) property using
> >Recipient.AddressEntry.Fields()
> >
> >Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> >http://www.dimastr.com/
> >OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
> >and MAPI Developer Tool
> >
> >
> >"Bingo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> message
> >news:9b9e01c4d62d$045e0740$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> I use Redemption's SafeRecipient to get both name and
> >> email address for each recipient. This works fine for
> >> all my external users but for internal users (on

> Exchange
> >> Server), the Address property returns the following

> string
> >>
> >> /O=CompanyName/OU=State/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=Name
> >>
> >> How do I get the email addresses for these users in
> >> Redemption? Thanks.

> >
> >
> >.
> >



 
Reply With Quote
 
Bingo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      29th Nov 2004

Redemption is really COOL! :-)



>-----Original Message-----
>Same thing - SafeMailItem.Sender is

Redemption.AddressEntry, same as
>Recipient.AddressEntry, so SafeMailItem.Sender.Fields()

will work the same
>way.
>
>Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
>http://www.dimastr.com/
>OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
>and MAPI Developer Tool
>
>
>"Bingo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
>news:9c9701c4d645$c61ad030$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> That solved the issue for recipients. What about for

the
>> sender's email address? Thanks.
>>
>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >You will need to read either the PR_SMTP_ADDRESS

>> (0x39FE001E) or
>> >PR_EMS_AB_PROXY_ADDRESSES (0x800F101E) property using
>> >Recipient.AddressEntry.Fields()
>> >
>> >Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
>> >http://www.dimastr.com/
>> >OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
>> >and MAPI Developer Tool
>> >
>> >
>> >"Bingo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

>> message
>> >news:9b9e01c4d62d$045e0740$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >>
>> >> I use Redemption's SafeRecipient to get both name

and
>> >> email address for each recipient. This works fine

for
>> >> all my external users but for internal users (on

>> Exchange
>> >> Server), the Address property returns the following

>> string
>> >>
>> >> /O=CompanyName/OU=State/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=Name
>> >>
>> >> How do I get the email addresses for these users in
>> >> Redemption? Thanks.
>> >
>> >
>> >.
>> >

>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
New Member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1
 
      30th Mar 2010
Following is C# code which I wrote to extract email address.

RDOSession objNsp = new RDOSession();
objNsp.Logon(null, null, false, true, false, false);



RDOMail Item = objNsp.GetMessageFromMsgFile(MSGFilePath, false);



int PR_SENDER_ADDRTYPE = (0xC1E001E);

int PR_EMAIL = (0x39FE001E);



Redemption.SafeMailItem objSMail = null;

Redemption.AddressEntry objSenderAE = null;



System.Type objDocType = System.Type.GetTypeFromProgID("Redemption.MAPIUtils");

object objDoc = System.Activator.CreateInstance(objDocType);

Redemption.MAPIUtils Utils = (Redemption.MAPIUtils)objDoc;

Utils.MAPIOBJECT = Item.Session.MAPIOBJECT;



System.Type objSafeMailType = System.Type.GetTypeFromProgID("Redemption.SafeMailItem");

object safeMailType = System.Activator.CreateInstance(objSafeMailType);

objSMail = (Redemption.SafeMailItem)safeMailType;

objSMail.Item = Item;



objSenderAE = objSMail.Sender;

if (objSenderAE != null)

{

object strType = objSMail.get_Fields(PR_SENDER_ADDRTYPE);

string emailType = (string)strType;

if (emailType == "SMTP")

{

senderAddress = objSenderAE.SMTPAddress;

}

else if (emailType == "EX")

{

object a = objSenderAE.get_Fields(PR_EMAIL);

}

else

{

senderAddress = objSenderAE.Address;

}

}



objSMail = null;

objSenderAE = null;

The problem is that I get the senderAddress as ‘null’ when the emailType is “EX”. Your help is approceiated.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't get SMTP address of contact that shares email address of an Exchange user Jeff Microsoft Outlook VBA Programming 14 15th Jan 2009 01:50 AM
How do I get the ACT! address book to appear as an email address b =?Utf-8?B?V2FyIEFraW4=?= Microsoft Outlook Installation 0 15th Nov 2005 09:03 PM
Internet email reply address showing internal email address =?Utf-8?B?S0xZb3VuZw==?= Microsoft Outlook Discussion 3 25th Feb 2004 02:34 AM
I need Email Address to display full email address not Full Name =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZCBIb2VzbWFu?= Microsoft Outlook Discussion 0 26th Dec 2003 11:46 PM
Contact Email Address Changed but Old Email address shows up CS Microsoft Outlook 2 16th Dec 2003 08:29 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:28 PM.