get form to ask questions

=?Utf-8?B?cg==?=

      23rd May 2006
I made a table with the fields of Student ID, name and marks

Then I made a form consisting of the same fields of that table

I want when i double-click on the form a question comes out asking me to
insert the sutdent ID. How can I do it?

I am using Access 2003

Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?RlN0MQ==?=

      24th May 2006
hi,
that would be a simple message box. in the form's double click event add
this line

msgbox("Enter the student ID.")

regards
FSt1

"r" wrote:

> I made a table with the fields of Student ID, name and marks
>
> Then I made a form consisting of the same fields of that table
>
> I want when i double-click on the form a question comes out asking me to
> insert the sutdent ID. How can I do it?
>
> I am using Access 2003
>
> Thanks

Keith Wilby

      24th May 2006
"r" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> I want when i double-click on the form a question comes out asking me to
> insert the sutdent ID. How can I do it?

What do you mean by "insert"? Do you want to search or store? If you want
to store then use a text box bound to the "student ID" field. If you want
to search then you could code it but personally I'd opt for the built-in
"filter by form" utility or <CTRL> + F for "Find".

Regards,
Keith.
www.keithwilby.com