gaming headset

=?Utf-8?B?Y2Fubm9ubmI=?=

      18th Sep 2006
I have been using a logitech compatible headset for a few weeks but all of a
sudden the computer will no longer automatically load the driver to run this
device. It does a search and says it can't find a driver for the
device.....any ideas???

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zc2h1YQ==?=

      18th Sep 2006
I have the same problem.I need some windows help that isnt going to cost me
money.PLEASE WINDOWS,HELP ME!!!

"cannonnb" wrote:

> I have been using a logitech compatible headset for a few weeks but all of a
> sudden the computer will no longer automatically load the driver to run this
> device. It does a search and says it can't find a driver for the
> device.....any ideas???

Yves Leclerc

      18th Sep 2006
What type of headset??? USB or standard audio (1/8 inch stereo jacks?)

If USB, remove from Device Management and reboot. XP should re-detect it and
re-install the drivers. If not, un-install the drivers in "Add/Remove
Programs...."

If standard audio, does you PC speakers work correctly? Does the headset work
correctly with a standard radio/CD player/MP3 unit???

--
---

Y.

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zc2h1YQ==?=

      18th Sep 2006
The headset is USB.I'll try out what you told me and i'll reply ASAP
Thank you so much

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> What type of headset??? USB or standard audio (1/8 inch stereo jacks?)
>
> If USB, remove from Device Management and reboot. XP should re-detect it and
> re-install the drivers. If not, un-install the drivers in "Add/Remove
> Programs...."
>
> If standard audio, does you PC speakers work correctly? Does the headset work
> correctly with a standard radio/CD player/MP3 unit???
>

> On 17/09/2006 cannonnb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >I have been using a logitech compatible headset for a few weeks but all of a
> >sudden the computer will no longer automatically load the driver to run this
> >device. It does a search and says it can't find a driver for the
> >device.....any ideas???

> --
> ---
>
> Y.

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zc2h1YQ==?=

      18th Sep 2006
Its not working.It didn't come with any drivers since its a PC/PS2/X-box head
set.It worked fine before but just recently,it just stopped working. I did
what you said from your solution.

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> What type of headset??? USB or standard audio (1/8 inch stereo jacks?)
>
> If USB, remove from Device Management and reboot. XP should re-detect it and
> re-install the drivers. If not, un-install the drivers in "Add/Remove
> Programs...."
>
> If standard audio, does you PC speakers work correctly? Does the headset work
> correctly with a standard radio/CD player/MP3 unit???
>

> On 17/09/2006 cannonnb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >I have been using a logitech compatible headset for a few weeks but all of a
> >sudden the computer will no longer automatically load the driver to run this
> >device. It does a search and says it can't find a driver for the
> >device.....any ideas???

> --
> ---
>
> Y.

antioch

      19th Sep 2006
Can you see if it works on another computer?
Antioch

news:(E-Mail Removed)...