gamepad and C#

mustafa.rabie@gmail.com

      4th Nov 2006
Hi all,

I have a low end usb double game pad/controller that i use with windows
xp. I want to capture inputs from the game pad to use it as a simple
remote for a windows C# application. I dont want something fancey or
anything.
In windows xp when u go to control panel and click on Game Controller
you can check if the game pad is working right or not, so i think
there's already out of the box APIs in XP for that.

Can someone help me or point me to where to start?

Thanks a lot your help is really appreciated

Mustafa

Kevin Spencer

      4th Nov 2006
Here's a good place to start...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx/XNA/default.aspx

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Ministry of Software Development
http://unclechutney.blogspot.com

I just flew in from Chicago with
a man with a wooden leg named Smith
who shot an elephant in my pajamas.
So I bit him.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I have a low end usb double game pad/controller that i use with windows
> xp. I want to capture inputs from the game pad to use it as a simple
> remote for a windows C# application. I dont want something fancey or
> anything.
> In windows xp when u go to control panel and click on Game Controller
> you can check if the game pad is working right or not, so i think
> there's already out of the box APIs in XP for that.
>
> Can someone help me or point me to where to start?
>
> Thanks a lot your help is really appreciated
>
> Mustafa

none

      4th Nov 2006
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a low end usb double game pad/controller that i use with windows
> xp. I want to capture inputs from the game pad to use it as a simple
> remote for a windows C# application. I dont want something fancey or
> anything.
> In windows xp when u go to control panel and click on Game Controller
> you can check if the game pad is working right or not, so i think
> there's already out of the box APIs in XP for that.
>
> Can someone help me or point me to where to start?
>
> Thanks a lot your help is really appreciated
>
> Mustafa

You could take a look at SDL:
http://cs-sdl.sourceforge.net/index.php/Main_Page