Full Outer Join?

Pascal

      15th Apr 2005
Hi all,

what is the symbol equivalent to FULL OUTER JOIN?

I tryed *=* but SQLServer doesn't support it.

thanks,
Pascal

Elton Wang

      15th Apr 2005
SELECT A.*, B.* FROM TABLE_A AS A FULL OUTER JOIN TABLE_B
AS B ON condition

HTH

Elton Wang
(E-Mail Removed)

William \(Bill\) Vaughn

      15th Apr 2005
The "symbolic" syntax is obsolete and not guaranteed to be supported in
future releases. It's suggested that you stick with ANSI conventions.

--
____________________________________
William (Bill) Vaughn

"Pascal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:055d01c54181$6dce7240$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> what is the symbol equivalent to FULL OUTER JOIN?
>
> I tryed *=* but SQLServer doesn't support it.
>
> thanks,
> Pascal

Val Mazur \(MVP\)

      16th Apr 2005
Hi,

I do not think there is *old* style syntax for the FULL OUTER JOIN. Actually
this syntax will be dropped in a SQL Server 2005, so there is no reason to
use it. Why do not you want to use FULL OUTER JOIN
syntax? If you are trying to make something more generic to cover multiple
databases, then using of the stored procedures could help you in this case,
moving database-specific code inside of the SP

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

http://xport.mvps.org