THAT FRUSTRATING RED X

frustratedwithvista

      28th Nov 2007
how do i connect to a wireless network and get to the internet?????

i have already connected to my wireless router, but when i look at the
diagram map, it has a red x from my router to the internet ... why and how do
i correct it?

i had WEP on and entered the correct password; i tried WPA2 with the correct
password; and i even turned off wireless security and still have the same
problem.

can someone please give me insight on how to correct this b/c it is starting
to upset me a bit becuase i never got this problem with windows xp.
_____________

CLBontrager

      28th Nov 2007
I have been having the same trouble. but I can get on line with my wireless.
but when you click on the 2 computers by the time is says: something about
unknow/faliure server (something like that) Then when I go in to
networking/sharing it takes forever to bring it up. On top of the page where
it should show "computer or network name it says unknow. and on network
discovery it changes from on to custom. I can't click to change then when I
want to close window I have to use task manger to close.
I done everything I could to change it. but it won't the only I can get this
all back is system restore. But that last for a day then it is back doing all
this over again. Has to be glitch in Vista. Hardware and drives are work ok
and up to date. Like I say I am on my wireless right now why this is going
on.
--
CBontrager