Steven MacClintock

      22nd Mar 2007
let me start out by telling you that I am not very computer saavy. I just
upgraded from windows 98 to vista home premium with a purchse of a new dell.
When i try to send/receive mail, windows mail tells me conecting to
pop-server, but just below that it says connected. Then it waits about 60
secs and tells me that pop-server is nt responding, and would i like it try
again in 60 secs. I have rr so i am always connected. After that i try to
use many other frustating programs on my new and great vista and i go baack
to check thee mail and it is there. whay can't i get this when I select
send/receive? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Very Frustrated

Gary VanderMolen

      22nd Mar 2007
Make sure all the mail account settings are exactly as your ISP
has given you.

Gary VanderMolen

"Steven MacClintock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> let me start out by telling you that I am not very computer saavy. I just
> upgraded from windows 98 to vista home premium with a purchse of a new dell.
> When i try to send/receive mail, windows mail tells me conecting to
> pop-server, but just below that it says connected. Then it waits about 60
> secs and tells me that pop-server is nt responding, and would i like it try
> again in 60 secs. I have rr so i am always connected. After that i try to
> use many other frustating programs on my new and great vista and i go baack
> to check thee mail and it is there. whay can't i get this when I select
> send/receive? any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Very Frustrated

Peter Foldes

      22nd Mar 2007
Steven

Do you have MacAfee or Norton installed? Disable your Anti Virus email scanning and try . It would also help if you can post the error message that is shown exactly

--
Peter