FrontPage remnant folder

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZQ==?=

      6th Feb 2007
I completely uninstalled FrontPage the usual Control Panel way. A few
reboots followed. Then I searched for "frontpage" using Search to find every
last remnant. I found "microsoft frontpage" under Program files. When I try
to delete it, I see a popup "Cannot delete bin. It is being used by another
person or program." What program could possibly be using bin after FrontPage
was completely uninstalled? I'm running XP Pro SP2. Thanks.

--

Pete

Steve Easton

      6th Feb 2007
That's a system file created during system install, It can't and shouldn't be deleted.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I completely uninstalled FrontPage the usual Control Panel way. A few
> reboots followed. Then I searched for "frontpage" using Search to find every
> last remnant. I found "microsoft frontpage" under Program files. When I try
> to delete it, I see a popup "Cannot delete bin. It is being used by another
> person or program." What program could possibly be using bin after FrontPage
> was completely uninstalled? I'm running XP Pro SP2. Thanks.
>
> --
>

> Pete

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZQ==?=

      6th Feb 2007
Would you please explain why? If FrontPage is gone, why is it necessary for
a file installed for FrontPage to remain? Sounds like a bug.
--

Pete

"Steve Easton" wrote:

> That's a system file created during system install, It can't and shouldn't be deleted.
>

> --
> Steve Easton
> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
> FP Cleaner
> http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm
> Hit Me FP
> http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/HitMeFP.htm
> Coming Soon: Function5 Auto Refresh
>
> "Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I completely uninstalled FrontPage the usual Control Panel way. A few
> > reboots followed. Then I searched for "frontpage" using Search to find every
> > last remnant. I found "microsoft frontpage" under Program files. When I try
> > to delete it, I see a popup "Cannot delete bin. It is being used by another
> > person or program." What program could possibly be using bin after FrontPage
> > was completely uninstalled? I'm running XP Pro SP2. Thanks.
> >
> > --
> >

> > Pete

Steve Easton

      6th Feb 2007
As I said, it is a "system" file created by the "Operating System" during installation.
It is a "default" directory and is present on every Windows computer.
Installing / uninstalling FrontPage has absolutely nothing to do with it.
It has been there ever since you owned your computer, and it will "Always" be there.

It is "Not" a bug.

;-)