FrontPage 2003 on windows 7 64 bit

      22nd Jan 2010
Hi ,

FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7 , Following Issues

1. SAVE AS… error - not enough memory ( memory is there)

2. Unable to Insert IMAGE From File - FrontPage fades

3.Other sporadic issues - error messages while opening or publishing

Tried the below steps : ( it works fine on Windows XP ) ( few of them are
from forums)

Removed temporary files, removed cmdui.prf, removed *.web
Checked in Windows Safe mode
removed FrontPage addins
Installed latest updates for FrontPage ( Sp3)
checked FrontPage server Extensions - they are fine
Uninstalled and reinstalled FP
unable to run as compatible with XP
checked in a new windows user account

Please let me know what can i do ? any suggestions ?

Thank you for any help

Ronx

      22nd Jan 2010
If you have Windows Professional or Ultimate, install FrontPage in XPmode,
and run it in the virtual machine.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

"FrontPage 2003 on windows 7 64 bit" <FrontPage 2003 on windows 7 64
(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi ,
>
> FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7 , Following Issues
>
> 1. SAVE AS… error - not enough memory ( memory is there)
>

> 2. Unable to Insert IMAGE From File - FrontPage fades
>
> 3.Other sporadic issues - error messages while opening or publishing
>

> Tried the below steps : ( it works fine on Windows XP ) ( few of them
> are
> from forums)
>
> Removed temporary files, removed cmdui.prf, removed *.web
> Checked in Windows Safe mode
> removed FrontPage addins
> Installed latest updates for FrontPage ( Sp3)
> checked FrontPage server Extensions - they are fine
> Uninstalled and reinstalled FP
> unable to run as compatible with XP
> checked in a new windows user account
>

> Please let me know what can i do ? any suggestions ?
>
> Thank you for any help

FrontPage 2003 on windows 7 64 bit

      25th Jan 2010
Hi Ron ,

How do we install in XP mode and run in the Virtual Machine,

Please give detialed instructions or a site or link where i can follow the
instructions.

"Ronx" wrote:

> If you have Windows Professional or Ultimate, install FrontPage in XPmode,
> and run it in the virtual machine.
>
> --
> Ron Symonds
> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
>
> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
>

> "FrontPage 2003 on windows 7 64 bit" <FrontPage 2003 on windows 7 64
> (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi ,
> >
> > FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7 , Following Issues
> >
> > 1. SAVE AS… error - not enough memory ( memory is there)
> >

> > 2. Unable to Insert IMAGE From File - FrontPage fades
> >
> > 3.Other sporadic issues - error messages while opening or publishing
> >

> > Tried the below steps : ( it works fine on Windows XP ) ( few of them
> > are
> > from forums)
> >
> > Removed temporary files, removed cmdui.prf, removed *.web
> > Checked in Windows Safe mode
> > removed FrontPage addins
> > Installed latest updates for FrontPage ( Sp3)
> > checked FrontPage server Extensions - they are fine
> > Uninstalled and reinstalled FP
> > unable to run as compatible with XP
> > checked in a new windows user account
> >

> > Please let me know what can i do ? any suggestions ?
> >
> > Thank you for any help

> .

Ronx

      25th Jan 2010
Go to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx
Download the check tool (item 2 on the page) and make sure your PC can run
the virtual machine.
Select your system
and download and install both the files on that appear on the page in the
order indicated (item 4). No files will be shown until you select the
Windows version you are using.

When installed, click Start->All Programs->Windows Virtual PC->Windows
XPmode
Install FrontPage in the Windows XP window. There is a video on download
page that shows how to set things up.

If you install FrontPage for all users (if necessary use Windows XP explorer
to drag the start menu item into the start menu for all users in Documents
and Settings) you can open FrontPage as if it were running in Windows 7
after closing the Virtual Machine.