frontpage 2003 insert picture problem - program not responding

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FwdERpY2s=?=

      22nd Apr 2006
When I try to insert a picture from file the program locks up and does not
respond. I have performed the repair/reinstall without success.

Steve Easton

      22nd Apr 2006
Is the picture located inside of your web??
What is the file size of the picture??
What type of picture is it, jpg, gif, png, bmp??

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

"CaptDick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I try to insert a picture from file the program locks up and does not
> respond. I have performed the repair/reinstall without success.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FwdERpY2s=?=

      22nd Apr 2006
Thanks for the response Steve. No, the picture is not located inside my
website.
When I click Insert, Picture, From File, the program locks up and will not
respond further. I cannot get to the selection page of My Documents, My
Pictures, etc. Thanks for any help you can provide.

"Steve Easton" wrote:

> Is the picture located inside of your web??
> What is the file size of the picture??
> What type of picture is it, jpg, gif, png, bmp??
>
> --
> Steve Easton
> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
> 95isalive
> This site is best viewed............
> ........................with a computer
>

> "CaptDick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > When I try to insert a picture from file the program locks up and does not
> > respond. I have performed the repair/reinstall without success.

Steve Easton

      22nd Apr 2006
First:
Some user are apparently having a problem w/ Windows Update KB 908531
- and the only short term solution seems to be removing ( uninstalling ) the
update
This seems to be especially true if you're using an HP printer.

If that's not it:

Second
Go here: http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm and download FP Cleaner.
Download links are at the bottom of the page.
Run the functions that clear:
The FrontPage Temporary files.
The Cache (*.web) files.
and the one that Restores the default Toolbars and Menus.

See if it helps.

If not,
Third
Run Detect and Repair from the help dropdown.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
95isalive
This site is best viewed............
........................with a computer

"CaptDick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the response Steve. No, the picture is not located inside my
> website.
> When I click Insert, Picture, From File, the program locks up and will not
> respond further. I cannot get to the selection page of My Documents, My
> Pictures, etc. Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> "Steve Easton" wrote:
>
>> Is the picture located inside of your web??
>> What is the file size of the picture??
>> What type of picture is it, jpg, gif, png, bmp??
>>
>> --
>> Steve Easton
>> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
>> 95isalive
>> This site is best viewed............
>> ........................with a computer
>>

>> "CaptDick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > When I try to insert a picture from file the program locks up and does
>> > not
>> > respond. I have performed the repair/reinstall without success.

Tom [Pepper] Willett

      23rd Apr 2006
Actually, do not have to remove if the following helps:
Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security
update MS06-015
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
"Steve Easton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ehgk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> First:
> Some user are apparently having a problem w/ Windows Update KB 908531
> - and the only short term solution seems to be removing ( uninstalling )
> the update
> This seems to be especially true if you're using an HP printer.
>
> If that's not it:
>
> Second
> Go here: http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm and download FP
> Cleaner.
> Download links are at the bottom of the page.
> Run the functions that clear:
> The FrontPage Temporary files.
> The Cache (*.web) files.
> and the one that Restores the default Toolbars and Menus.
>
> See if it helps.
>
> If not,
> Third
> Run Detect and Repair from the help dropdown.
>

> --
> Steve Easton
> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
> 95isalive
> This site is best viewed............
> .......................with a computer
>
> "CaptDick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks for the response Steve. No, the picture is not located inside my
>> website.
>> When I click Insert, Picture, From File, the program locks up and will
>> not
>> respond further. I cannot get to the selection page of My Documents, My
>> Pictures, etc. Thanks for any help you can provide.
>>
>> "Steve Easton" wrote:
>>
>>> Is the picture located inside of your web??
>>> What is the file size of the picture??
>>> What type of picture is it, jpg, gif, png, bmp??
>>>
>>> --
>>> Steve Easton
>>> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
>>> 95isalive
>>> This site is best viewed............
>>> ........................with a computer
>>>

>>> "CaptDick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Paul S. Wolf

      23rd Apr 2006
On 4/22/2006 6:29 PM, Steve Easton wrote:
> First:
> Some user are apparently having a problem w/ Windows Update KB 908531
> - and the only short term solution seems to be removing ( uninstalling ) the
> update
> This seems to be especially true if you're using an HP printer.
>
> If that's not it:
>
> Second
> Go here: http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm and download FP Cleaner.
> Download links are at the bottom of the page.
> Run the functions that clear:
> The FrontPage Temporary files.
> The Cache (*.web) files.
> and the one that Restores the default Toolbars and Menus.
>
> See if it helps.
>
> If not,
> Third
> Run Detect and Repair from the help dropdown.

I think I had the same problem as CaptDick. Clicking on the "Insert
image from file" button, or right clicking an image and choosing "edit
image properties", then trying to browse to any file caused FP to lock
up (not responding), and the only fix was to end the program.

Note: all images were imported into the web before but it didn't matter,
as I never got to browse to the file while the problem was occurring.
The lock up occurred before the browsing window opened.

I Tried FP Cleaner with no success, tried Detect & Repair from
"Add/remove programs" with no success, completely removed and
reinstalled FP (including Service Pack 2), also with no success.

Removing KB908531 did fix the problem.

Thanks Steve.

--
Paul S. Wolf, P.E.
mailto(E-Mail Removed)

Tom [Pepper] Willett

      23rd Apr 2006
Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security
update MS06-015
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
FrontPage Support: http://www.frontpagemvps.com/
----------
"Paul S. Wolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 4/22/2006 6:29 PM, Steve Easton wrote:
>> First:
>> Some user are apparently having a problem w/ Windows Update KB 908531
>> - and the only short term solution seems to be removing ( uninstalling )
>> the update
>> This seems to be especially true if you're using an HP printer.
>>
>> If that's not it:
>>
>> Second
>> Go here: http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm and download FP
>> Cleaner.
>> Download links are at the bottom of the page.
>> Run the functions that clear:
>> The FrontPage Temporary files.
>> The Cache (*.web) files.
>> and the one that Restores the default Toolbars and Menus.
>>
>> See if it helps.
>>
>> If not,
>> Third
>> Run Detect and Repair from the help dropdown.

> I think I had the same problem as CaptDick. Clicking on the "Insert image
> from file" button, or right clicking an image and choosing "edit image
> properties", then trying to browse to any file caused FP to lock up (not
> responding), and the only fix was to end the program.
>
> Note: all images were imported into the web before but it didn't matter,
> as I never got to browse to the file while the problem was occurring. The
> lock up occurred before the browsing window opened.
>
> I Tried FP Cleaner with no success, tried Detect & Repair from "Add/remove
> programs" with no success, completely removed and reinstalled FP
> (including Service Pack 2), also with no success.
>
> Removing KB908531 did fix the problem.
>
> Thanks Steve.
>
> --
> Paul S. Wolf, P.E.
> mailto(E-Mail Removed)

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FwdERpY2s=?=

      23rd Apr 2006
Thanks a million Steve, I uninstalled the update and that fixed the problem.

"Steve Easton" wrote:

> First:
> Some user are apparently having a problem w/ Windows Update KB 908531
> - and the only short term solution seems to be removing ( uninstalling ) the
> update
> This seems to be especially true if you're using an HP printer.
>
> If that's not it:
>
> Second
> Go here: http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm and download FP Cleaner.
> Download links are at the bottom of the page.
> Run the functions that clear:
> The FrontPage Temporary files.
> The Cache (*.web) files.
> and the one that Restores the default Toolbars and Menus.
>
> See if it helps.
>
> If not,
> Third
> Run Detect and Repair from the help dropdown.
>

> --
> Steve Easton
> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
> 95isalive
> This site is best viewed............
> ........................with a computer
>
> "CaptDick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thanks for the response Steve. No, the picture is not located inside my
> > website.
> > When I click Insert, Picture, From File, the program locks up and will not
> > respond further. I cannot get to the selection page of My Documents, My
> > Pictures, etc. Thanks for any help you can provide.
> >
> > "Steve Easton" wrote:
> >
> >> Is the picture located inside of your web??
> >> What is the file size of the picture??
> >> What type of picture is it, jpg, gif, png, bmp??
> >>
> >> --
> >> Steve Easton
> >> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
> >> 95isalive
> >> This site is best viewed............
> >> ........................with a computer
> >>

> >> "CaptDick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Steve Easton

      23rd Apr 2006
You're welcome.
Glad to help.

It was Tom Pepper Willett that first posted the info about uninstalling the
update.
I just managed to remember what he posted.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
95isalive
This site is best viewed............
........................with a computer

"CaptDick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks a million Steve, I uninstalled the update and that fixed the
> problem.
>
> "Steve Easton" wrote:
>
>> First:
>> Some user are apparently having a problem w/ Windows Update KB 908531
>> - and the only short term solution seems to be removing ( uninstalling )
>> the
>> update
>> This seems to be especially true if you're using an HP printer.
>>
>> If that's not it:
>>
>> Second
>> Go here: http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm and download FP
>> Cleaner.
>> Download links are at the bottom of the page.
>> Run the functions that clear:
>> The FrontPage Temporary files.
>> The Cache (*.web) files.
>> and the one that Restores the default Toolbars and Menus.
>>
>> See if it helps.
>>
>> If not,
>> Third
>> Run Detect and Repair from the help dropdown.
>>

>> --
>> Steve Easton
>> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
>> 95isalive
>> This site is best viewed............
>> ........................with a computer
>>
>> "CaptDick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Thanks for the response Steve. No, the picture is not located inside
>> > my
>> > website.
>> > When I click Insert, Picture, From File, the program locks up and will
>> > not
>> > respond further. I cannot get to the selection page of My Documents,
>> > My
>> > Pictures, etc. Thanks for any help you can provide.

New Member
kiriel13's Avatar

      31st Oct 2011
I am having the same trouble, but instead of freezing up, it acts like I didn't click on it. If I click on it then click on something else, that other thing will happen and it won't allow me to insert a picture. I use FrontPage for an online web design class in high school, but my professor doesn't know what the problem is. Could you guys help me?