Is Front Page 2000 a multilingual tool?

Kijja

      16th Jul 2003
Hi.

FrontPage 2000 is not yet fully unicode support. but the
workaround for this issue would be in <input> tag you can
add unicode value for the russian character in
the "value" attribute for example <input type="button"
value="щф&#1076"> something like this. this
should work fine in IE eventhough in FP might show "???"..

hope this help..
Kijja

application
>that should let people create any page - English,

Russian, Japanese,
>etc. - as MS Word does if the needed language is enabled

in OS.

>And for plain HTML text Front Page 2000 works that way -

>can start typing Russian text (being on pure US English

computer)
>then go to File/Properties/Language and select needed

Web encoding,
>so correct Russian .HTML (with charset=windows-1251) is

produced.

>But if I try to add a Button to a form, then I can not

get Russian
>text on the Button - eventhough I 'told' Front Page that

I am
>preparing _Cyrillic_ windows-1251 HTML, I still have

some Western
>symbols if I try to type Russian. Same happens if I

wrote HTML myself
>in Notepad (and verified that it works fine) and then do

File/Open
>in Front Page - the Russian text on the Buttons got

corrupted!

>--
>Regards,
>Paul Gorodyansky
>"Cyrillic (Russian): instructions for Windows and

Internet":
>http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PaulGor/
>.

Paul Gorodyansky

      16th Jul 2003
Kijja wrote:

> Hi.
>
> FrontPage 2000 is not yet fully unicode support. but the
> workaround for this issue would be in <input> tag you can
> add unicode value for the russian character in
> the "value" attribute for example <input type="button"
> value="щф&#1076"> something like this. this
> should work fine in IE eventhough in FP might show "???"..

Thanks, it is definitely a good work-around! But I still think
that it's just _I_ don't know how to make FP work normally
with Cyrillic on buttons while really FP can

--
Regards,
Paul Gorodyansky