Freeware to recover pictures from SD card?

SS

      10th Jul 2006
Have a 1Gb SD card that displays pictures in the camera but some do not show
up on the card reader in the computer - is there any freeware that can check
my card and recover the apparently missing files and repair them?

Thanks

jedisb

      10th Jul 2006
You can try PC Inspector Smart Recovery:
http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_medi...uk/welcome.htm

SS wrote:
> Have a 1Gb SD card that displays pictures in the camera but some do not show
> up on the card reader in the computer - is there any freeware that can check
> my card and recover the apparently missing files and repair them?
>
> Thanks

socrtwo

      11th Jul 2006

SS wrote:
> Have a 1Gb SD card that displays pictures in the camera but some do not show
> up on the card reader in the computer - is there any freeware that can check
> my card and recover the apparently missing files and repair them?
>
> Thanks

See my page of them:

http://www.s2services.com/cameraundeletefreeware.htm

They include:

* Smart Flash Recovery
* Smart FAT Recovery
* Digital Image Recovery
* PC INSPECTOR™smart recovery
* Zero Assumption Digital Image Recovery - considered the best I think
* PhotoRec
* DataRecovery
* Recovery Manager™
* PicaJet Photo Recovery
* Exif Untrasher - Mac freeware
* DNG Recover Edges - specialized for recovering edges of photos
* Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier
* jpg-recover - you'll need to make an image of the disk first with say
Disk Image (http://www.roadkil.net/DiskImg.html) or maybe a few others
on my page here: http://www.s2services.com/diskimagingfreeware.htm.

Note about Zero Image - "Original Digital Image Recovery was freeware,
but ZAR 7.9 seems not?

The digital picture recovery functions are implemented in the trial
version of ZAR 7.9 in full. Hence you just need to download the
evaluation version of ZAR 7.9 and it does the job at no charge. So,
picture recovery functions are actually freeware. There are no plans to
charge for it."

Al Klein

      11th Jul 2006
On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:17:56 GMT, "SS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Have a 1Gb SD card that displays pictures in the camera but some do not show
>up on the card reader in the computer - is there any freeware that can check
>my card and recover the apparently missing files and repair them?

Make sure that the driver you have for your reader can read a 1 GB
card. Older drivers stop at 512 or 256 MB. (HP once told me that the
TI reader HARDWARE in my laptop couldn't read larger than 256 MB, but
they've come out with a 4 GB driver since then, so go figure.)