Free tool to create an mst

JonathanG

      27th Feb 2004
Hi ,
I have an msi package i want to distribute via an AD GPO unfortuanelty
the msi needs a command line parameter to run completly silently.
I know i can do this using an MST file but dont have any tools
(preferably free) to create one - any suggestions ? or can i create
the mst file by hand ? (I assume not)

I triede using the CIW (part of Office 2000 reskit) but despite it
completing successfully the MST is full of errors

many thanks
Jonathan Glenister

Carolyn Napier [MSFT]

      11th Mar 2004
The Orca tool provided in the Windows Installer SDK <
http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/...sdk/sdkupdate/ > can be used to
create a transform. It's also free. Presumably this command line parameter is a
property that you need to set so you can configure it in the property table and
then create the transform. (You'll need at least the 2.0 version of Orca to
create transforms. Orca will also allow you to view the transform as well.)

The "Transform" menu in Orca gives you a couple of options for transforms. Note
that Office CIW is specifically tailored to the Office product.

Hope this helps,
- Carolyn Napier
Microsoft Windows Installer Team

purposes only.

MSI FAQ:
<http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/management/msi_faq.mspx>

"JonathanG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi ,
> I have an msi package i want to distribute via an AD GPO unfortuanelty
> the msi needs a command line parameter to run completly silently.
> I know i can do this using an MST file but dont have any tools
> (preferably free) to create one - any suggestions ? or can i create
> the mst file by hand ? (I assume not)
>
> I triede using the CIW (part of Office 2000 reskit) but despite it
> completing successfully the MST is full of errors
>
> many thanks
> Jonathan Glenister

New Member

      27th Feb 2009