Free photo message board for you to share your photos online!

Andrew

      4th Aug 2003
Share your photo moments! Check us out at http://www.doodle-board.com.
DoodleBoard is a message board style which can be integrated into your
blog/homepage and it allows you and your visitors to post text and photo
messages!

Boomer

      4th Aug 2003
Andrew said:

> Share your photo moments! Check us out at
> http://www.doodle-board.com. DoodleBoard is a message board style
> which can be integrated into your blog/homepage and it allows you
> and your visitors to post text and photo messages!

*Online*. Not freeware.

Sorry, but OT here.

Boomer

      4th Aug 2003
Andrew said:

> Share your photo moments! Check us out at
> http://www.doodle-board.com. DoodleBoard is a message board style
> which can be integrated into your blog/homepage and it allows you
> and your visitors to post text and photo messages!

I apologize. My bad.

Your software is free for your online Doodle-Board.

Thanks.

Terry Orchard

      5th Aug 2003
Andrew wrote:

> <snip>

Hi Andrew, thanks for responding. Would you care to address any of the
more substantive issues?

1. Is it true that photos are only available in the pay service
(despite the subject line *you* gave this thread)?

2. How does the service work? Is it a link between my web page and
your web site? Is there software I have to install on my web server?
If so, what web servers are supported?

3. Also, John found the terms of service document, which inlcudes this
clause:

"DoodleBoard may, from time to time, transmit or send emails/messages
to its members to as part of its administration or promotion efforts.
You agree to receive these emails/messages."

Is there no way to opt-out of marketing emails?

Terry

Andrew

      5th Aug 2003

"Terry Orchard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andrew wrote:
>
> > <snip>

> Hi Andrew, thanks for responding. Would you care to address any of the
> more substantive issues?
>
> 1. Is it true that photos are only available in the pay service
> (despite the subject line *you* gave this thread)?

Yes, however if you did read the main page, all members are offered FREE
PERMANENT account status NOW as part of our launch.. now u tell me, isnt
that free?

> 2. How does the service work? Is it a link between my web page and
> your web site? Is there software I have to install on my web server?
> If so, what web servers are supported?

Just add 2 lines of html code to your homepage / blog and that's it.

> 3. Also, John found the terms of service document, which inlcudes this
> clause:

> "DoodleBoard may, from time to time, transmit or send emails/messages
> to its members to as part of its administration or promotion efforts.
> You agree to receive these emails/messages."
>
> Is there no way to opt-out of marketing emails?

We need a valid email address to be entered because this will help us
prevent but not completely alleviate the problem of members signing up for
multiple accounts. When a member signs up, an email is sent to his email
address and he will have to click on a link to confirm his membership. Good
point there. we DO NOT spam or sell any email address so we should change
the TOS to read :

> "DoodleBoard may, from time to time, transmit or send emails/messages
> to its members to as part of its administration efforts.
> You agree to receive these emails/messages."

Terry, you may be sceptical about our efforts to introduce this service to
users, but this doesnt mean that others may not find it useful. So quit
flaming us

John Corliss

      6th Aug 2003
Andrew wrote:

> Terry, you may be sceptical about our efforts to introduce this service to
> users, but this doesnt mean that others may not find it useful. So quit
> flaming us

Andrew, the whole point is that you are not talking about freeware. A
free service is not freeware and this group is for the discussion of
freeware only. There are, however, more appropriate groups for you to
announce your service in I'm sure.

--
Regards from John Corliss
alt.comp.freeware F.A.Q.:

John Corliss

      6th Aug 2003
Andrew wrote:

> Well, am I, as the developer, oblidged to give away my address and personal
> contacts just to prove that my web service is authentic?

If somebody's going to be upgrading to your pay service, they have a
right to know that you're not going to take their money and run.

> We are truly
> offering a web service to users who are keen on having a message board, so
> while we respect your wish not to join, it makes no sense to flame us just
> because we don't publish our contacts.

Got something to hide? 80)> And again, where is the freeware?

--
Regards from John Corliss
alt.comp.freeware F.A.Q.:
http://www.ccountry.net/~jcorliss/F.A.Q./FrameSet1.html

Andrew

      6th Aug 2003
*yawn*

Ok case close. We have nothing to hide and I accept your proposition that
this is not the appropriate place to announce our service.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Andrew said:

> *yawn*
>
> Ok case close. We have nothing to hide and I accept your
> proposition that this is not the appropriate place to announce our
> service.

<Jumping in here>

Thank you.

Sincerely