free Diskeeper for Vista (Diskeeper 10 for beta 5384)

=?Utf-8?B?dm9pczI=?=

      23rd Jun 2006
I was disappointed with Vista's built-in disk defragment tool.
I could tell the HD was spinning way too much for a supposed
state of defragmentation.
I tried to run Executive Software's Diskeeper 9 and 10 --
both of which were made for Windows XP's MMC -- but neither
worked. I happened to check Diskeeper.com and found that
they've released a very nice (and free) public beta of Diskeeper 10
for Vista beta. I ran this beta of Diskeeper
immediately after running Vista's built-in defragger, and --similar
to my previous experience on XP -- it labored for ten minutes to
further defrag what Vista had claimed it had already defragged.
Now my Vista machine is operating much more quickly.

--
Find me at commonmancomputing

William R. Mosher

      23rd Jun 2006
How long is the beta version of Diskeeper good for?

William

vois2 wrote:
> I was disappointed with Vista's built-in disk defragment tool.
> I could tell the HD was spinning way too much for a supposed
> state of defragmentation.
> I tried to run Executive Software's Diskeeper 9 and 10 --
> both of which were made for Windows XP's MMC -- but neither
> worked. I happened to check Diskeeper.com and found that
> they've released a very nice (and free) public beta of Diskeeper 10
> for Vista beta. I ran this beta of Diskeeper
> immediately after running Vista's built-in defragger, and --similar
> to my previous experience on XP -- it labored for ten minutes to
> further defrag what Vista had claimed it had already defragged.
> Now my Vista machine is operating much more quickly.

=?Utf-8?B?dm9pczI=?=

      23rd Jun 2006
William --
I couldn't find info regarding that question anywhere.
It looks like they haven't put much out yet, just a quick
web page front for downloading the Diskeeper 10 Vista beta.
You need to undertake a short marketing survey though
in order to reach the download link -- Or, just click here
http://files.diskeeper.com/beta/Disk...Vista_beta.exe
--

"William R. Mosher" wrote:

> How long is the beta version of Diskeeper good for?
>
> William
>
> vois2 wrote:
> > I was disappointed with Vista's built-in disk defragment tool.
> > I could tell the HD was spinning way too much for a supposed
> > state of defragmentation.
> > I tried to run Executive Software's Diskeeper 9 and 10 --
> > both of which were made for Windows XP's MMC -- but neither
> > worked. I happened to check Diskeeper.com and found that
> > they've released a very nice (and free) public beta of Diskeeper 10
> > for Vista beta. I ran this beta of Diskeeper
> > immediately after running Vista's built-in defragger, and --similar
> > to my previous experience on XP -- it labored for ten minutes to
> > further defrag what Vista had claimed it had already defragged.
> > Now my Vista machine is operating much more quickly.

William R. Mosher

      23rd Jun 2006
Thanks for the download link. I will give it a try. I figure that if it
is only good for a short period of time, then I could uninstall it and
use the Windows Defragment program.

William

vois2 wrote:
> William --
> I couldn't find info regarding that question anywhere.
> It looks like they haven't put much out yet, just a quick
> web page front for downloading the Diskeeper 10 Vista beta.
> You need to undertake a short marketing survey though
> in order to reach the download link -- Or, just click here
> http://files.diskeeper.com/beta/Disk...Vista_beta.exe

William R. Mosher

      23rd Jun 2006
I Installed the beta of Diskeeper for Vista and it ran perfectly. I did
not see anything in there about a time limit, so for now I am assuming
that there is none. Thanks for the help.

William

> vois2 wrote:
>> William --
>> I couldn't find info regarding that question anywhere.
>> It looks like they haven't put much out yet, just a quick
>> web page front for downloading the Diskeeper 10 Vista beta.
>> You need to undertake a short marketing survey though
>> in order to reach the download link -- Or, just click here
>> http://files.diskeeper.com/beta/Disk...Vista_beta.exe

=?Utf-8?B?dm9pczI=?=

      23rd Jun 2006
Just for the sake of interest ...
On a fresh install of Vista beta 5483 (I needed to reinstall
after screwing with drivers all day) ...
Diskeeper 10, immediately after the fresh OS install,
and immediately after Diskeeper 10 was installed as the
only program, found 2300 fragmented files and
7755 fragments.

So I should think this Diskeeper 10 beta will be
valuable to anyone looking for a way to speed up
their Vista beta performance.

--

"William R. Mosher" wrote:

> I Installed the beta of Diskeeper for Vista and it ran perfectly. I did
> not see anything in there about a time limit, so for now I am assuming
> that there is none. Thanks for the help.
>
> William
>

> > vois2 wrote:
> >> William --
> >> I couldn't find info regarding that question anywhere.
> >> It looks like they haven't put much out yet, just a quick
> >> web page front for downloading the Diskeeper 10 Vista beta.
> >> You need to undertake a short marketing survey though
> >> in order to reach the download link -- Or, just click here
> >> http://files.diskeeper.com/beta/Disk...Vista_beta.exe

Jon Abbott

      23rd Jun 2006
=?Utf-8?B?dm9pczI=?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I was disappointed with Vista's built-in disk defragment tool.
>I could tell the HD was spinning way too much for a supposed
>state of defragmentation.
>I tried to run Executive Software's Diskeeper 9 and 10 --
>both of which were made for Windows XP's MMC -- but neither
>worked. I happened to check Diskeeper.com and found that
>they've released a very nice (and free) public beta of Diskeeper 10
>for Vista beta. I ran this beta of Diskeeper
>immediately after running Vista's built-in defragger, and --similar
>to my previous experience on XP -- it labored for ten minutes to
>further defrag what Vista had claimed it had already defragged.
>Now my Vista machine is operating much more quickly.
>

>--
>Find me at commonmancomputing

I installed it, but the service fails unexpectedly. Anyone else seen have
problem with it?

Jon

HDRDTD

      23rd Jun 2006
I downloaded it (thanks for the link Joe) and it's running right now as I
type.

"Jon Abbott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> =?Utf-8?B?dm9pczI=?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>I was disappointed with Vista's built-in disk defragment tool.
>>I could tell the HD was spinning way too much for a supposed
>>state of defragmentation.
>>I tried to run Executive Software's Diskeeper 9 and 10 --
>>both of which were made for Windows XP's MMC -- but neither
>>worked. I happened to check Diskeeper.com and found that
>>they've released a very nice (and free) public beta of Diskeeper 10
>>for Vista beta. I ran this beta of Diskeeper
>>immediately after running Vista's built-in defragger, and --similar
>>to my previous experience on XP -- it labored for ten minutes to
>>further defrag what Vista had claimed it had already defragged.
>>Now my Vista machine is operating much more quickly.
>>

>>--
>>Find me at commonmancomputing

> I installed it, but the service fails unexpectedly. Anyone else seen have
> problem with it?
>
> Jon

Doug

      30th Jun 2006
It says on the site where you select the version you'd like to download that
the beta is good for 30 days.

Doug

"William R. Mosher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How long is the beta version of Diskeeper good for?
>
> William
>
> vois2 wrote:
>> I was disappointed with Vista's built-in disk defragment tool.
>> I could tell the HD was spinning way too much for a supposed
>> state of defragmentation.
>> I tried to run Executive Software's Diskeeper 9 and 10 --
>> both of which were made for Windows XP's MMC -- but neither
>> worked. I happened to check Diskeeper.com and found that
>> they've released a very nice (and free) public beta of Diskeeper 10
>> for Vista beta. I ran this beta of Diskeeper
>> immediately after running Vista's built-in defragger, and --similar
>> to my previous experience on XP -- it labored for ten minutes to
>> further defrag what Vista had claimed it had already defragged.
>> Now my Vista machine is operating much more quickly.

Doug

      30th Jun 2006
Sorry folks, that message pertains to their trialware versions, NOT the beta
for v10.0. It appears the beta has no published expiration date.

Sorry for the confusion.

Doug

news(E-Mail Removed)...