Free CapturePerfect 3 for Canon Scanners

Muffy

      9th Mar 2006
Canon, Canon, Canon....

They want to sell you the upgrade for moving from Version 2 that comes
with your scanner to the new Version 3 for what $60!

I guess they think those damn Americans just have too much money.
But under Support & Download on the Canon Asian site
http://www.canon-asia.com/

They have CapturePerfect version 3 nicely posted there within the
driver libraries - free for the taking.

Thought you should know....

Wilfred

      9th Mar 2006
Muffy wrote:
> Canon, Canon, Canon....
>
> They want to sell you the upgrade for moving from Version 2 that comes
> with your scanner to the new Version 3 for what $60!
>
> I guess they think those damn Americans just have too much money.
> But under Support & Download on the Canon Asian site
> http://www.canon-asia.com/
>
> They have CapturePerfect version 3 nicely posted there within the
> driver libraries - free for the taking.

What is CapturePerfect? My Canon 9950F came with software called 'Scan
Gear' and 'CanoScan Toolbox'. If I select my scanner on the website you
mention, it only gives me updates for those two programs, not for
CapturePerfect.

--

Wilfred van der Vegte.
e-mail: first five letters of my first name at gmx dot net

New Member

      26th Nov 2008
If your looking for capture perfect on the asia download site, its not there anymore.

You can still find it on the canon usa site as an upgrade.

Go here and download the capture perfect upgrade.
http://www.usa.canon.com/opd/control...1&modelid=9537

Extract it to a folder on your desktop.

The setup program will check your computer to see if capture perfect is already installed. To get around that you'll need to manually extract the Data1.cab...

You'll need a utility to do that:
http://legroom.net/software/uniextract

Use uniextract on the cab and you'll get a folder with all the files needed to use capture perfect. double click on Cappe3.exe and your using the most recent version of capture perfect for free.

New Member

      18th Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaia41
If your looking for capture perfect on the asia download site, its not there anymore.

You can still find it on the canon usa site as an upgrade.

Go here and download the capture perfect upgrade.
http://www.usa.canon.com/opd/control...1&modelid=9537

Extract it to a folder on your desktop.

The setup program will check your computer to see if capture perfect is already installed. To get around that you'll need to manually extract the Data1.cab...

You'll need a utility to do that:
http://legroom.net/software/uniextract

Use uniextract on the cab and you'll get a folder with all the files needed to use capture perfect. double click on Cappe3.exe and your using the most recent version of capture perfect for free.
Almost!.... Seems the updated their package so that it can't be extracted by uniextract... (uniextract a little behind on updates it seems...)

However it works great with thiscommand line extractor but worked flawlessly Just like you said it would!)

http://www.myplc.com/sony/i6comp_howto.htm

CP3 CP3 is offline
New Member

      25th Mar 2010
Hello Viper,

How did you get it to work? I can now open Capture Perfect and it looks as though everything is fine, BUT, but once I try to select the scanner it ultimately gives me a "no device found" message. I know the problem is not with the scanner or the connection, because it works fine on my other computer with an install from the install form the original disc file (which I have now lost). Any ideas? Thanks.

CP3 CP3 is offline
New Member

      25th Mar 2010
Hello Viper,

How did you get it to work? I can now open Capture Perfect and it looks as though everything is fine, BUT, but once I try to select the scanner it ultimately gives me a "no device found" message. I know the problem is not with the scanner or the connection, because it works fine on my other computer with an install from the install form the original disc file (which I have now lost). Any ideas? Thanks.

New Member

      13th May 2010
I'm having problems too with not being able to see the scanner. Even in Acrobat and ACDseePro 3 I am unable to see the DR-2050C. It does show up in device manager. I was just given the scanner and I downloaded all the drivers from the canon site here.

If someone had information on how I could get this thing to work with any software, I would be glad.

BTW, I'm running WinXP x64 SP2. I also have a VM running WinXP Pro x86 SP3 and can't get it to work in that either.

New Member

      14th Jul 2010
Hi Guys, was tearing my hair out trying to find Capture Perfect V 3.0. for days. Read your thread over and over... Canon Australia gave it to me today, wonderful. Here you go:
http://www.service.canon.com.au/driv...pturev3082.zip

I have a Canon scanner DR 2580C.
unzipped it and without anything else it works perfectly .
unzips to: c\ programs \Canon Electronics

Note: I did have the DR-2580C Driver1.8.zip already installed.

Hope it helps someone out there.
Cheers
Jennifer

New Member

      5th Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyezone
Hi Guys, was tearing my hair out trying to find Capture Perfect V 3.0. for days. Read your thread over and over... Canon Australia gave it to me today, wonderful. Here you go:
http://www.service.canon.com.au/driv...pturev3082.zip

I have a Canon scanner DR 2580C.
unzipped it and without anything else it works perfectly .
unzips to: c\ programs \Canon Electronics

Note: I did have the DR-2580C Driver1.8.zip already installed.

Hope it helps someone out there.
Cheers
Jennifer

Jennifer, just wanted to thank you for posting that link. I also could not find the download and had a Customer that needed there scanner to work for their medical office. I appreciate you taking the time to share.

Best Regards
DW

New Member

      8th Aug 2010
Hi Zfield, not sure if my comments will help but here goes:
1) Expect you have downloaded and upzipped : http://www.service.canon.com.au/dri...apturev3082.zip
2) You might also need DR-2580C Driver1.8.zip ( I also run WinXP pro)
Once unzipped and installed go to C:\Program Files\Canon Electronics\CapturePerfect 3.0\Cappe3.exe
Either make a shortcut of 'Cappe3.exe' or drag to your task bar to access it easily.
3) Launch Capture Perfect by selecting Cappe3.exe ( I renamed it to 'Canon_DR2580C_Scanner' So I know what the heck it is.) You'll probably be ok from there. So don't try to launch it from within Acrobat. It will do that for you automatically.

Best wishes Cheers Jennifer. ( Adelaide Sth Aust if it would help to call and talk it through.)