FPNW 5.02 and Users RPC

Dustin K

      19th Jul 2005
Hello,

I am having a problem with setting up the users in AD with FPNW. The error
that I am getting says:

"Windows cannot get the user's NetWare login script file because: The RPC
server is unavailable"

I have tried re-installing the Administrative Tools (netsfnt.inf) and
restarting the service.

If anyone has seen this error, or could tell me where I can go to find the
information, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!

Dustin

JR K Yoshikawa

      1st Aug 2005
I think you should specify your Windows Server Version, and system details etc..

anyway, can you try to check your settings with this document below?

Chapter 24 - Interoperability with NetWare
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...5/proch24.mspx

"Dustin K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:u1$(E-Mail Removed)...

Dustin K

      8th Aug 2005
Sorry...

We have a AD domain. All but one DC's are Windows 2003, the other DC is
Windows 2000.

The File and Print Service for Netware installs fine (no errors).

When the 2003 DC re-boots it can not start. The Server Manager (svrmgr)
shows no Netware server's. When I try to start the service it reports that
the Service is already running (Error 2182).

When the 2000 DC re-boots it can start. I can see the Netware Service in the
Server Manager (srvmgr). The service can stop and start without a problem.
The problem is when I try to get the properties for a user the get the error
"The RPC server in unavailable" and the NW tab is not available.

I have tried the Microsoft Q251180 (I delete the key MNSEncryptionKey
Secret - then reinstall the service).

I do have an NT server in area that I could use, but that seems like a lot
of work. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them.

Thanks!

Dustin

"JR K Yoshikawa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e9Ub5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I think you should specify your Windows Server Version, and system

details etc..

> anyway, can you try to check your settings with this document below?
>
> Chapter 24 - Interoperability with NetWare

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...5/proch24.mspx

> "Dustin K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:u1$(E-Mail Removed)...

New Member
Location: Raleigh, NC

      5th Oct 2005
Dustin ... I am having the same issue on a WINDOW 2000 Server which up until recently was running FPNW just fine ... now the service will not start and says it is already started when a manual attempt to start it is made after the bootup ... did you ever find a solution to your issue? Whatever you found may help me. I appreciate any information you can provide ...

New Member

      11th Apr 2006
sorry I'm a newbie to forums,
I had the *same* problem in a forest with multiple W2k domain controllers.
Try to install FPNW first on the server with operation master role, then on the server on which you want to install FPNW. Not sure then if you could then uninstall FPNW on the operation master.
hope it helped. CIAO