This forum needs help

=?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXJI?=

      9th Mar 2004
How is someone supposed to find an answer to their question after several days have gone by? There are pages and pages of new posts since I posted my question; now I can't find my question and thus will never know if anyone answered it. Why doesn't MS set up this site to send an automatic email when you get a reply (like most forums do today), or allow you to search by user name so we can find our questions and replies

Typical Microsuck crap!

Rob Schneider

      9th Mar 2004
You might find more success using a regular news reader to interact with
this newsgroup. Such software has been in use for more than 20 years
and works well. The web interface is not as easy/useful.

Use Outlook Express which you should have on your XP. Get assistance
for how to setup and use in OE's Help, or read at
http://support.microsoft.com

Hope this is useful to you. Let us know.

rms

RogerH wrote:
> How is someone supposed to find an answer to their question after several days have gone by? There are pages and pages of new posts since I posted my question; now I can't find my question and thus will never know if anyone answered it. Why doesn't MS set up this site to send an automatic email when you get a reply (like most forums do today), or allow you to search by user name so we can find our questions and replies.
>
> Typical Microsuck crap!

Total Exterminator

      9th Mar 2004
RogerH wrote:

> How is someone supposed to find an answer to their question after several days have gone by? There are pages and pages of new posts since I posted my question; now I can't find my question and thus will never know if anyone answered it. Why doesn't MS set up this site to send an automatic email when you get a reply (like most forums do today), or allow you to search by user name so we can find our questions and replies.
>
> Typical Microsuck crap!

DO a search ....... Or mark down the time and date that you made the
post ........ Total

Ramesh [MVP]

      9th Mar 2004
Better setup a newsreader:

Outlook Express Newsreader Setup Instructions:
http://www.microsoft.com/mom/community/setup.asp

To find your previous posts:

Via Google Groups: keyword "author:RogerH microsoft"

Google Search: author:RogerH microsoft:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...gerH+microsoft

Then, "Sort by date" to locate your posts easily.

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

Free Online Virus Scanners and Security Tests:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Scanners.htm

"RogerH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
How is someone supposed to find an answer to their question after several days have gone by? There are pages and pages of new posts since I posted my question; now I can't find my question and thus will never know if anyone answered it. Why doesn't MS set up this site to send an automatic email when you get a reply (like most forums do today), or allow you to search by user name so we can find our questions and replies.

Typical Microsuck crap!

Chris Lanier [MVP]

      9th Mar 2004
This is not a forum, it's a newsgroups. There's a big difference.

--
Chris Lanier
Microsoft MVP - Digital Media
"RogerH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How is someone supposed to find an answer to their question after several

days have gone by? There are pages and pages of new posts since I posted my
question; now I can't find my question and thus will never know if anyone
answered it. Why doesn't MS set up this site to send an automatic email when
you get a reply (like most forums do today), or allow you to search by user
name so we can find our questions and replies.

> Typical Microsuck crap!

      9th Mar 2004
Do you mean this one?

From: RogerH ((E-Mail Removed))
Subject: Desktop short-cuts won't work in Desktop toolbar
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: 2004-03-01 06:06:37 PST

I have two network icons (mapped drives) on my desktop
that work fine. However, when I turn on the Desktop
Toolbar (right click the task bar, select Toolbars,
select Desktop), the shortcuts will NOT work from the
toolbar. I even created my own custom toolbar and the
icons still will not work. I get the error:

"The drvie or network connection that the
shortcut "Public.lnk" refers to is unavailable. Make
sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network
resource is available, and then try again."

The message appears instantly, not like it was out
searching the drive or network connection.

Any help?

------

From: purplehaz ((E-Mail Removed))
Subject: Re: Desktop short-cuts won't work in Desktop
toolbar
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: 2004-03-01 07:00:41 PST

Right click the shortcut, properties, make sure it's
pointing to the correct place.

john.kavanagh@rbi.co.uk

      9th Mar 2004
Perhaps the attached message might help!

Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2004 00:00:00 +0000
From: "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
To: (E-Mail Removed)

This forum needs help

Is this what you wanted RogerH?

RogerH wrote:
> I have two network icons (mapped drives) on my desktop that work
> fine. However, when I turn on the Desktop Toolbar (right click the
> task bar, select Toolbars, select Desktop), the shortcuts will NOT
> work from the toolbar. I even created my own custom toolbar and the
> icons still will not work. I get the error:
>
> "The drvie or network connection that the shortcut "Public.lnk"
> refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly
> inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again."
>
> The message appears instantly, not like it was out searching the
> drive or network connection.
>
> Any help?

Bruce Chambers

      9th Mar 2004
Greetings --

It's Microsoft's fault the you haven't bothered to learn how to
use a news-reader and even mistake a web-based interface for a
"forum?"

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"RogerH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How is someone supposed to find an answer to their question after
> several days have gone by? There are pages and pages of new posts
> since I posted my question; now I can't find my question and thus
> will never know if anyone answered it. Why doesn't MS set up this
> site to send an automatic email when you get a reply (like most
> forums do today), or allow you to search by user name so we can find
> our questions and replies.
>
> Typical Microsuck crap!

E McCann

      9th Mar 2004

"RogerH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How is someone supposed to find an answer to their question after several

days have gone by? There are pages and pages of new posts since I posted my
question; now I can't find my question and thus will never know if anyone
answered it. Why doesn't MS set up this site to send an automatic email when
you get a reply (like most forums do today), or allow you to search by user
name so we can find our questions and replies.

> Typical Microsuck crap!

"How is someone supposed to use this car if it keeps running into trees, and
the engine stops running when that needle gets to 'E?' Typical automaker
crap!"

Educate yourself.

---