"Formula omits adjacent cells" Error.

John Prendergast

      7th Feb 2004
I have started using Excel 2002 on a XP Pro system. I use
excel to chart stock values. With this ver of excel, the
range of cells that are refereneing data from other cell
ranges are taged with this error. An example would be in
column "e" =sum(a10:a14)/15. Why does this happen, and what
is the solution. I have used excel 97 for a long time
without this error. The data result is correct, but why the
error?

Thanks.

Frank Kabel

      7th Feb 2004
Hi John
nothing to worry about. Excel is just getting 'smarter'. As the error
message stated there are probably values in A9 and/or A16. As Excel
recognizes this and is assuming a SUM function would include theses
cells it tagges your formula.

If you're annoyed by this feature, copen the listbox attached to this
tag symbol, choose 'Options' and disable the error messages of your
choice

Frank

John Prendergast wrote:
> I have started using Excel 2002 on a XP Pro system. I use
> excel to chart stock values. With this ver of excel, the
> range of cells that are refereneing data from other cell
> ranges are taged with this error. An example would be in
> column "e" =sum(a10:a14)/15. Why does this happen, and what
> is the solution. I have used excel 97 for a long time
> without this error. The data result is correct, but why the
> error?
>

> Thanks.

      7th Feb 2004

sure there wasn't more serious problem.

Gord Dibben

      7th Feb 2004
anon

You can prevent the flags from showing up if you choose or pick which type of
error you want to flag.

Tools>Options>Error Checking.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP