formatting combo boxes with multiple fields

Fred

      17th Feb 2005
I have a combo box which displays a 3 fields (part number and several
dimensions). I want the display to look like (1234, 12.34, 12.340), but
instead it shows up as (1234.00, 12.34, 12.34). In other words I have no
control over the format. I've tried changing the properties in the query
but that won't work. In fact when I leave the query and go back in, the
format changes I previously made disappears. Is this a bug in Access??? Is
there a way around this problem?

Thanks,
Fred

AlCamp

      17th Feb 2005
Fred,
Try "formatting on the fly".
In your query behind the combobox, the PartNo and Measure1 column would
look like this...
PtNo : Val(Format([PartNo],"#"))
and
Meas1 : Val(Format([Measure1], "#.00"))
and the same for the third field.

That should do it...
hth
Al Camp

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:79YQd.764$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a combo box which displays a 3 fields (part number and several
> dimensions). I want the display to look like (1234, 12.34, 12.340), but
> instead it shows up as (1234.00, 12.34, 12.34). In other words I have no
> control over the format. I've tried changing the properties in the query
> but that won't work. In fact when I leave the query and go back in, the
> format changes I previously made disappears. Is this a bug in Access???
> Is
> there a way around this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Fred

Fred

      19th Feb 2005
Thanks Al, worked like a charm although I had to get rid of the Val to make
it work:

like this,
PtNo : Format ([PartNo]), "#0.000")

Fred