Format cell to capital letters.

=?Utf-8?B?SmFuIE5pZWxzZW4=?=

      4th Oct 2004
Does Excel have a cell format function that changes all letters entered in a
cell to capital letters? Example: Enter "tEsT" in a cell and press enter -
Excel changes the entered text in that cell to "TEST".
Thank you.
Jan

Frank Kabel

      4th Oct 2004
Hi
there's no format for this but you may use the function
=PROPER(A1)
in an adjacent cell

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Jan Nielsen wrote:
> Does Excel have a cell format function that changes all letters
> entered in a cell to capital letters? Example: Enter "tEsT" in a cell
> and press enter - Excel changes the entered text in that cell to
> "TEST".
> Thank you.
> Jan

=?Utf-8?B?bmVpbA==?=

      4th Oct 2004
Hi Jan,

this might be useful:

Copy and paste this on to the VB editor sheet in which you want the results.

' Private sub - changing case to upper case as you type data
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
Target(1).Value = UCase(Target(1).Value)
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

regards,