Form is Opening Maximized and I cannot stop it from doing so.

JackG

      12th Dec 2008
A Form is opening Maximized for no apparent reason. I can resize the form in
Deisgn View and Switch to Forms View and it is then correct as long as I stay
in the database. Once I exit the application (and yes I saved) the form
returns to opening Maximized.

I then added a DoCmd.Minimize to the On Load Event. That works and
minimizes the form. However, once I leave the applicationn and come back
when I click to open the form it minimizes for a flash and then opens
automatically maximized again!

Super Strange....HELP!

Thanks, Jack G.

Chance

      12th Dec 2008
I believe you have a setting on your form that is doing the Maximize.
Specifically look at the Auto Resize property for the form.

Verify that your docmd.minimize is removed.

Verify that you have no other code behind the form. Look for modules
that are setting it to Maximized.

Did that work?

On Dec 12, 9:25*am, JackG <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> A Form is opening Maximized for no apparent reason. *I can resize the form in
> Deisgn View and Switch to Forms View and it is then correct as long as I stay
> in the database. *Once I exit the application (and yes I saved) the form
> returns to opening Maximized.
>
> I then added a DoCmd.Minimize to the On Load Event. *That works and
> minimizes the form. *However, once I leave the applicationn and come back
> when I click to open the form it minimizes for a flash and then opens
> automatically maximized again!
>
> Super Strange....HELP!
>
> Thanks, Jack G.

MikeJohnB

      12th Dec 2008
A reply from another thread

http://www.peterssoftware.com/winmanip.htm (Form Manipulation)

Another way is to set the form to popup mode

--
Advice to Posters.
Check your post for replies or request for more information.