forgetting passwords

=?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IE1hY05pY29s?=

      1st Dec 2005
I am the one and only computer administrator of my computer. I do not have a
hint or reset disk. The only help online for this says to check the hint,
use your reset disk, or if neither of those work, to contact your computer
administrator. Obviously, this was helpful. I changed my password a few
days ago and I was able to log in a few times with the new password.
However, today it wouldn't accept anything I enter. I know what the letters
of the password are, its just a question of which are capitalized. Is there
anyway I can change the password or something, or do I have to completely
rebuild the hard disk and lose all of my stuff?

=?Utf-8?B?RGVqYUNwcA==?=

      1st Dec 2005
Is you user account locked out? Did you set an admin password? Reboot the
computer and hit F8 to startup in safe mode. If you didn't set a password to
the admin account you will be able to reset the user account password. You
can also turn of security if this is a home computer and you don't have
anything to hide.

"Andrew MacNicol" wrote:

> I am the one and only computer administrator of my computer. I do not have a
> hint or reset disk. The only help online for this says to check the hint,
> use your reset disk, or if neither of those work, to contact your computer
> administrator. Obviously, this was helpful. I changed my password a few
> days ago and I was able to log in a few times with the new password.
> However, today it wouldn't accept anything I enter. I know what the letters
> of the password are, its just a question of which are capitalized. Is there
> anyway I can change the password or something, or do I have to completely
> rebuild the hard disk and lose all of my stuff?

=?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IE1hY05pY29s?=

      2nd Dec 2005
Thanks Deja,
the F8 => safe mode => admin account