Force page setup margins to 0?

CJH

      13th Oct 2009
I have a report. I'm trying to automate CPR certification card printing.
The card stock is 3 to a page. Mail merge would work, but I want to do it in
Access because the users are not computer oriented. I can automate it all in
Access.

My problem is the margins. The margins take up room on the 1st and 3rd
card, but not the 2nd card on the card stock. Is there a way to force the
margins to 0?

Duane Hookom

      13th Oct 2009
Typically a report will not allow you to set margins small than the
non-printable area based on your printer. Most inkjets have issues printing
within about 1/2" from the bottom of the page. Access understands this and
won't let you set the margin less than allowed. Some times you can set up a
special page size but I don't generally go there.

If this is a problem, you can possibly get around this with some code in the
on Format event of the detail section that moves controls up or down. I would
put a text box with a running sum and control source of =1. The code could
then identify where on the page the card is printing and make the necessary
adjustments.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP