Force IP address change

=?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=

      26th Oct 2004
I have a 2K pro machine and I need to get it to grab a different IP address.
Our web filtering software keeps blocking Internet access for this one IP. I
have tried releasing and shutting it down overnight, but when I renew in the
morning, it still grabs the same IP. It is set to obtain an IP address
automatically using DHCP. Any suggestions on how to force it to get a new one?

Jason

rickiez

      26th Oct 2004
It depends on how long the lease is on the dhcp server.