Force DirectX Reinstallation - 9.0c

=?Utf-8?B?UHJlc3Rvbg==?=

      24th Nov 2004
I'm having a problem reinstalling DirectX 9.0c by simply opening up the
dxsetup.exe, as it says the installation is already complete. Are there any
command line switches to force a reinstall?

Specifically, the errors I'm trying to fix are (from DxDiag): DirectX Files
Tab: The file system.dll is missing! The file d3d9d.dll is an old version,
which could cause problems. Several files (d3dx8d.dll, d3dx9d.dll, d3d9d.dll,
etc.) are debug versions, which will run slower than the retail version. You
should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version.

Jimmy S.

      24th Nov 2004
Hi Preston,

Since DX9 incorporates itself intimately with your Windows system,
it's going to be difficult to replace those debug versions without a repair.

How To Repair Windows:
Unplug from your Internet connection, and then repair Windows:
using this method: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Afterwards, boot up your system, turn on your XP Internet Firewall,
plug back into your Internet connection and install all Critical and
Recommended updates from: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"Preston" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| I'm having a problem reinstalling DirectX 9.0c by simply opening up the
| dxsetup.exe, as it says the installation is already complete. Are there any
| command line switches to force a reinstall?
|
| Specifically, the errors I'm trying to fix are (from DxDiag): DirectX Files
| Tab: The file system.dll is missing! The file d3d9d.dll is an old version,
| which could cause problems. Several files (d3dx8d.dll, d3dx9d.dll, d3d9d.dll,
| etc.) are debug versions, which will run slower than the retail version. You
| should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version.

New Member

      14th Aug 2011
Try this: http://www.codecguide.com/faq_windows_issues.htm#item5