Foobar 2000 audio player

KBB

      6th Aug 2006
For those more interested in functionality than skins and such
nonsense. Foobar2000 is an advanced audio player and converter for the
Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode
support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular
audio formats.

Features
* Audio formats supported: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg
Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA, WMA.
* Full unicode support.
* Advanced tagging capabilities.
* Support for transcoding all supported audio formats using the
Converter component (requires external commandline encoder executables
for different output formats).
* ReplayGain support - both playback and calculation.
* Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
* Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to
extend functionality of the player.

Version 0.9.3 (4th August)
http://www.foobar2000.org/

Not even version 1.0 yet and already very good.

KBB

KBB

      6th Aug 2006

> Audio formats supported: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg
> Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA, WMA.

Also APE (Monkey's Audio)

KBB

lisztfr

      6th Aug 2006

KBB a écrit :

> > Audio formats supported: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg
> > Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA, WMA.

> Also APE (Monkey's Audio)
>
> KBB

I'm only interested in softwares developped for the windows 9X
platforms, not
the Aliens coming after, sorry. foobare 2000 dropped win98 iirc.

laurent

JK

      6th Aug 2006
Dnia 6 Aug 2006 11:14:46 -0700, lisztfr napisa³(a):

> I'm only interested in softwares developped for the windows 9X
> platforms, not
> the Aliens coming after, sorry.

ok go to the museum

--
| pozdrowienia |
| j'k`r.o`c'h`m'a`l's`k'i na g`m'a`i'l c`o'm` |

Ivan Tisljar

      6th Aug 2006
On 6 Aug 2006 11:14:46 -0700, "lisztfr"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm only interested in softwares developped for the windows 9X
>platforms, not
>the Aliens coming after, sorry. foobare 2000 dropped win98 iirc.

There will be less and less software developed for windows 98.

Ivan.

--

"Ego autem quia veritatem dico non creditis mihi."
http://hlloyge.kickme.to/

Eugene Esterly III

      7th Aug 2006

Ivan Tisljar wrote:
> On 6 Aug 2006 11:14:46 -0700, "lisztfr"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I'm only interested in softwares developped for the windows 9X
> >platforms, not
> >the Aliens coming after, sorry. foobare 2000 dropped win98 iirc.

> There will be less and less software developed for windows 98.
>
> Ivan.

Espically since MS has stopped all support of Win 9X. Several months
ago, MS dropped all support for the Win 9X OS's which means that there
are only supporting Win 2000 & Win XP hence this is the reason why some
software author's are dropping support for Win 9X in their apps.

toronado

      7th Aug 2006
Eugene Esterly III wrote:
> Ivan Tisljar wrote:
>> On 6 Aug 2006 11:14:46 -0700, "lisztfr"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm only interested in softwares developped for the windows 9X
>>> platforms, not
>>> the Aliens coming after, sorry. foobare 2000 dropped win98 iirc.

>> There will be less and less software developed for windows 98.
>>
>> Ivan.

> Espically since MS has stopped all support of Win 9X. Several months
> ago, MS dropped all support for the Win 9X OS's which means that there
> are only supporting Win 2000 & Win XP hence this is the reason why some
> software author's are dropping support for Win 9X in their apps.

I think the main reason developers are dropping Windows 9X support is
that it doesn't support unicode (at least by default). It's a major
pain to support any language/character set in 9X, but pretty darn easy
in NT/2K/XP/Vista.

lisztfr

      7th Aug 2006

toronado a écrit :

> Eugene Esterly III wrote:
> > Ivan Tisljar wrote:

> >> There will be less and less software developed for windows 98.
> >>
> >> Ivan.

> > Espically since MS has stopped all support of Win 9X. Several months
> > ago, MS dropped all support for the Win 9X OS's which means that there
> > are only supporting Win 2000 & Win XP hence this is the reason why some
> > software author's are dropping support for Win 9X in their apps.
> >

> I think the main reason developers are dropping Windows 9X support is
> that it doesn't support unicode (at least by default). It's a major
> pain to support any language/character set in 9X, but pretty darn easy
> in NT/2K/XP/Vista.

But there is an unicode -unicows is the name. There is no
reason at all, but annoying me.

Lh