fonts with same lenght per character

=?Utf-8?B?S2Vu?=

      28th Oct 2004
Hi

I'm looking for the fonts whose character's size is the same no matter what
character is.

this is because I'm printing a receipt and I need that each column has the
same lenght, just to make it look better.

I only know Courier news has it, but I'm looking for more to have a variety
to choose

any sug

Ken

Bob Powell [MVP]

      28th Oct 2004
These type of fonts are called "Monospaced" fonts. There are lots of them.

There are three general families of fonts. Proportional fonts have a
different character width for each character, Monospaced fonts have a
uniform width for all characters and are analagous to the typewriter fonts
of old and graphic fonts like Wingdings have images or graphical componenets
in them.

Pica, Elite and Courier are monospaced fonts. Search for others on the web.

--
Bob Powell [MVP]
Visual C#, System.Drawing

Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
http://www.bobpowell.net/gdiplus_faq.htm

The GDI+ FAQ RSS feed: http://www.bobpowell.net/faqfeed.xml
Windows Forms Tips and Tricks RSS: http://www.bobpowell.net/tipstricks.xml
Bob's Blog: http://bobpowelldotnet.blogspot.com/atom.xml

"Ken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I'm looking for the fonts whose character's size is the same no matter

what
> character is.
>
> this is because I'm printing a receipt and I need that each column has the
> same lenght, just to make it look better.
>
> I only know Courier news has it, but I'm looking for more to have a

variety
> to choose
>
> any sug
>
> Ken

Big Les

      2nd Jan 2010

"Bob Powell [MVP]" wrote:

> These type of fonts are called "Monospaced" fonts. There are lots of them.
>
> There are three general families of fonts. Proportional fonts have a
> different character width for each character, Monospaced fonts have a
> uniform width for all characters and are analagous to the typewriter fonts
> of old and graphic fonts like Wingdings have images or graphical componenets
> in them.
>
> Pica, Elite and Courier are monospaced fonts. Search for others on the web.
>
> --
> Bob Powell [MVP]
> Visual C#, System.Drawing
>
> Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
> http://www.bobpowell.net/gdiplus_faq.htm
>
> The GDI+ FAQ RSS feed: http://www.bobpowell.net/faqfeed.xml
> Windows Forms Tips and Tricks RSS: http://www.bobpowell.net/tipstricks.xml
> Bob's Blog: http://bobpowelldotnet.blogspot.com/atom.xml
>

> "Ken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm looking for the fonts whose character's size is the same no matter

> what
> > character is.
> >
> > this is because I'm printing a receipt and I need that each column has the
> > same lenght, just to make it look better.
> >
> > I only know Courier news has it, but I'm looking for more to have a

> variety
> > to choose
> >
> > any sug
> >
> > Ken

Big Les

      2nd Jan 2010
This is my first post and there was FAR FAR too much information to take in
to get as far as this, so forgive me if I offend in any way.

I am having a problem (and always have had) with my Excel 2002 in that
whatever Font I specify, including all usual monospace fonts such as Courier
and Courier New, the text still comes up as variably spaced.

This does not happen on my old computer with Excel 5.

(I have no reasons for downgrading to later versions)

Armin Zingler

      2nd Jan 2010
Big Les schrieb:
> This is my first post and there was FAR FAR too much information to take in
> to get as far as this, so forgive me if I offend in any way.
>
> I am having a problem (and always have had) with my Excel 2002 in that
> whatever Font I specify, including all usual monospace fonts such as Courier
> and Courier New, the text still comes up as variably spaced.
>
> This does not happen on my old computer with Excel 5.
>
> (I have no reasons for downgrading to later versions)

Well, this group is not about Excel related questions. As the name
"microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms" says, it's about
writing applications based upon the MSFT .Net (dotnet) Framework.

--
Armin

Family Tree Mike

      2nd Jan 2010
On 1/2/2010 4:11 PM, Big Les wrote:
> This is my first post and there was FAR FAR too much information to take in
> to get as far as this, so forgive me if I offend in any way.
>
> I am having a problem (and always have had) with my Excel 2002 in that
> whatever Font I specify, including all usual monospace fonts such as Courier
> and Courier New, the text still comes up as variably spaced.
>
> This does not happen on my old computer with Excel 5.
>
> (I have no reasons for downgrading to later versions)

I believe you will have a better chance at an answer by asking in the
Microsoft.Public.Excel newsgroup. This group is for programming
questions with the Microsoft .Net framework, and is not necessarily
related to Excel.

--
Mike