font for Canadian maple leaf

=?Utf-8?B?Q0w=?=

      9th Jul 2004
I want to place an image of a maple leaf next to text to indicate that it refers to a Canadian issue. None of the fonts I have include such a character. (I'd rather use the font character rather than a picture.) Can anyone suggest a font for this purpose? Thanks.

Tom Pepper Willett

      9th Jul 2004
I have a font family called "geographic symbols" which has the maple leaf.
However, everyone would have to have it installed on their computer in order
to see it as text character on your web site. And, it's not a standard web
safe font, so it's not likely to work for you. An image is about your only
option.

--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
"CL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to place an image of a maple leaf next to text to indicate that it

refers to a Canadian issue. None of the fonts I have include such a
character. (I'd rather use the font character rather than a picture.) Can
anyone suggest a font for this purpose? Thanks.

Mike Mueller

      9th Jul 2004
CL,
Use the image.

A webpage will provide the font name and character# to your
computer, but most likely the viewer of the page will not
have that font so their browser will take it to their
default font.

There is a possibility of this working, but it is not
likely. MS has a product called WEFT which can be used to
install new fonts on a user's computer. However, this will
only work with IE and the user must have IE set to download
on demand and the user needs to say OK to the font install.
Chances of all 3 of these being done is slim to none

Mike

CL wrote:
: I want to place an image of a maple leaf next to text to
: indicate that it refers to a Canadian issue. None of the
: fonts I have include such a character. (I'd rather use
: the font character rather than a picture.) Can anyone
: suggest a font for this purpose? Thanks.

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Crash_Gordon=AE?=

      9th Jul 2004
You could use the font that Tom suggested, use it to display, then take a screenshot of the maple leaf to use to turn it into a graphic. dunno if that would help or not.

"CL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| I want to place an image of a maple leaf next to text to indicate that it refers to a Canadian issue. None of the fonts I have include such a character. (I'd rather use the font character rather than a picture.) Can anyone suggest a font for this purpose? Thanks.

Andrew Murray

      10th Jul 2004
You can use that suggested font, in your image program insert a text box, then
insert the maple leaf char and boost the font size to 45pt or whatever (a
reasonable size) then save as a jpg.

I use this method all the time when using the webdings/wingdings fonts just
create a text box in the image editor (Image Composer) and then save the file as
jpg/gif.

Use a similar method.

"Crash Gordon®" <ask_for_my_email@I'm_sick_of_spamandviruses.com> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...