Font and Size Disabled in Conditional Formatting ??

monir

      13th Dec 2008
Hello;

Are Font:, Size:, Superscript and Subscript always disabled in Conditional
Formatting::Format (XL 2003) ??
If this is the case, then why they are there in the 1st place ??

Thank you.

T. Valko

      13th Dec 2008
>Are Font:, Size:, Superscript and Subscript always
>disabled in Conditional Formatting::Format (XL 2003)

Yes

>If this is the case, then why they are there in the 1st place

It's the same user form as Format>Cells>Font tab. They probably figured that
since they already had a user form for this it would be easier to use the
same one and just disable those items when called for conditional
formatting.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"monir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello;
>
> Are Font:, Size:, Superscript and Subscript always disabled in Conditional
> Formatting::Format (XL 2003) ??
> If this is the case, then why they are there in the 1st place ??
>
> Thank you.

monir

      13th Dec 2008
Hi Biff;

Thank you kindly for the confirmation and for the explanation. It makes
sense!

PS. I've an interesting Excel thread: "Transfer of Multiple-Font Cells ??"
in another forum with no resolution yet. Can I post it here without being
accused of cross-posting ?? Someone in this DG might have the answer!

Regards.

"T. Valko" wrote:

> >Are Font:, Size:, Superscript and Subscript always
> >disabled in Conditional Formatting::Format (XL 2003)

> Yes
>
> >If this is the case, then why they are there in the 1st place

> It's the same user form as Format>Cells>Font tab. They probably figured that
> since they already had a user form for this it would be easier to use the
> same one and just disable those items when called for conditional
> formatting.
>

> --
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP
>

> "monir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello;
> >
> > Are Font:, Size:, Superscript and Subscript always disabled in Conditional
> > Formatting::Format (XL 2003) ??
> > If this is the case, then why they are there in the 1st place ??
> >
> > Thank you.

T. Valko

      14th Dec 2008
Yeah, you can post it to this newsgroup but you should start a new post
since it's a different topic. If I were you I'd post it in a new thread and
explain that you've posted the question already in another forum but haven't
received a solution.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"monir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Biff;
>
> Thank you kindly for the confirmation and for the explanation. It makes
> sense!
>
> PS. I've an interesting Excel thread: "Transfer of Multiple-Font Cells ??"
> in another forum with no resolution yet. Can I post it here without being
> accused of cross-posting ?? Someone in this DG might have the answer!
>
> Regards.
>
> "T. Valko" wrote:
>
>> >Are Font:, Size:, Superscript and Subscript always
>> >disabled in Conditional Formatting::Format (XL 2003)

>> Yes
>>
>> >If this is the case, then why they are there in the 1st place

>> It's the same user form as Format>Cells>Font tab. They probably figured
>> that
>> since they already had a user form for this it would be easier to use the
>> same one and just disable those items when called for conditional
>> formatting.
>>

>> --
>> Biff
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>>

>> "monir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hello;
>> >
>> > Are Font:, Size:, Superscript and Subscript always disabled in
>> > Conditional
>> > Formatting::Format (XL 2003) ??
>> > If this is the case, then why they are there in the 1st place ??
>> >
>> > Thank you.

monir

      14th Dec 2008
Biff;

Will do just that in the next couple of hours.
I'll keep the same Subject Title: "Transfer Multiple-Font Cells ??"

Thanks again.

"T. Valko" wrote:

> Yeah, you can post it to this newsgroup but you should start a new post
> since it's a different topic. If I were you I'd post it in a new thread and
> explain that you've posted the question already in another forum but haven't
> received a solution.
>
> --
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP
>

> "monir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Biff;
> >
> > Thank you kindly for the confirmation and for the explanation. It makes
> > sense!
> >
> > PS. I've an interesting Excel thread: "Transfer of Multiple-Font Cells ??"
> > in another forum with no resolution yet. Can I post it here without being
> > accused of cross-posting ?? Someone in this DG might have the answer!
> >
> > Regards.

> >> Yes

> >> It's the same user form as Format>Cells>Font tab. They probably figured
> >> that
> >> since they already had a user form for this it would be easier to use the
> >> same one and just disable those items when called for conditional
> >> formatting.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Biff
> >> Microsoft Excel MVP
> >>

> >> "monir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Chip Pearson

      14th Dec 2008
And the reason behind disabling those items for Conditional Formatting
was that they (MS) assumed that changing attribute that would modify
the column width or row height should not be allowed in CF. Not
everyone agrees with this, but there it is.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 16:43:19 -0500, "T. Valko"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>Are Font:, Size:, Superscript and Subscript always
>>disabled in Conditional Formatting::Format (XL 2003)

>Yes
>
>>If this is the case, then why they are there in the 1st place

>It's the same user form as Format>Cells>Font tab. They probably figured that
>since they already had a user form for this it would be easier to use the
>same one and just disable those items when called for conditional
>formatting.

monir

      14th Dec 2008
Chip;

Thanks for providing an alternative explanation.

Please whenever your time allows look at my recent Thread in this DG:
"Transfer Multiple-Font Cells ??".
It can't be that difficult ? or Is it ?

Kind regards.