folder permissions using group policy

      13th Apr 2009
I need to modify NTFS folder permissions in several locations on many PCs.
I have like 6 or 7 folders on which I need to change the permissions. This
I need do for 80 to 90 computers.

I can do this using the group policy or maybe a start up batch file using
cacls. I think group policy will be easy, but I am afraid it will slow down
the machine during starting and also during policy refreshing. From your
experience, what do you think would be a good way to do this - group policy
of a batch file.?

Jon Wallace

      21st Apr 2009
Hi,

So applying them using group policy or a script will pretty much be similar
in terms of performance hit - group policy maybe a bit quicker given a
script is read by an engine and then processed... The problem you have is
quite rightly the refresh, as in the last thing you want is this happening
every 20 minutes or so.

Personally i'd go for a startup script here - easier to maintain and easier
to control - you're still using Group Policy after all...

Just my view though...

Jon

www.insidetheregistry.com

---