folder bar on left side

sheila

      7th Jan 2004
I keep ending up with a folder bar just like the one when
you open my computer, control panel, ect.,it ends up on
my desktop when i close out of the program i was in, the
only way I've found to get rid of it is to delete the
user account and save files and start a new account, but
before long there it is again, what can I do to fix and
mainly prevent it, it happens with different programs??

Ramesh [MVP]

      7th Jan 2004
Click Start | Run | type "regsvr32 /i shell32". Restart Windows.

Or, see: Remove Common Tasks from Desktop:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_d...sk_desktop.htm

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

Internet Explorer Newsgroup FAQs:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm

Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolband, Toolbar Icons and BHO:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/toolbarcop.htm