How to fix ThorConnWndClass error.

=?Utf-8?B?Y2FiMTEy?=

      13th Feb 2006
I get this error each time I close Outlook 2003 and try to reboot my Windows
XP SP2 PC. Any suggestions for a fix?

Vanguard

      13th Feb 2006
"cab112" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I get this error each time I close Outlook 2003 and try to reboot my
>Windows
> XP SP2 PC. Any suggestions for a fix?

When you start Outlook, it has to also load all add-ons and plug-ins that
are installed for it. When Outlook exits, it first has to unload all these
add-ons and plug-ins. So it appears you have an add-on or plug-in that
errors on exit. Start Outlook in its safe mode ("outlook.exe /safe") to see
if the problem goes away as none of the add-ons and plug-ins get loaded in
safe mode (so they don't have to be unloaded later).

If Outlook's safe mode works, disable all the add-ons and plug-ins. Look
under Tools -> Options -> Other -> Advanced to see what add-ons and plug-ins
you have installed. Then disable them to see, exit Outlook, reload Outlook,
and then check if exiting Outlook generates the error again. If not, keep
reenabling them one at a time, cycle through Outlook and exit again until
you see the error reappear, and then you know which add-on or plug-in is
causing the problem.

Have you tried using Detect and Repair (under an Office component's Help
menu)? You will need the install CD (and then follow with Office updates).

I see a "MSN.ThorConnWndClass" string in the %windir%\system32\inetcomm.dll
file. A Google search on "+thorconnwndclass +outlook" shows it is an old
problem. Since you are using Windows XP,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q182022/ doesn't look like it applies but
you might want to visit Windows Update to make sure you have them all.

Are the copies of the file exactly the same under:

%windir%\system32\inetcomm.dll
%windir%\system32\dllcache\inetcomm.dll

You may need to use a DOS prompt to get to the DLLcache folder since
Explorer will hide it (even if the option to display hidden files is enabled
as it is considered a special folder). Use the 'fc' DOS program at a DOS
prompt to compare the 2 files ("fc /b <file1> <file2>"). If they are not
the same, copy the one from the DLLcache folder, or run "sfc /scannow", and
then follow with a visit to Windows Update.

It could also be that you or malware have corrupted the registry so this DLL
is not properly registered (in the registry). Try running the following:

cd %windir%\system32
regsvr32 inetcomm.dll

Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.