"Fix this Application" Problem

Jeremy

      11th Aug 2006
In the .NET Framework 2.0 Configuration, I have added an application to
configure. When I tried to "Fix this Application", it did NOT respond.

I remember that the 1.1 "Fix this Application" works. Is there any way to
let the 2.0 "Fix this Application" work?

Thanks

Gary Chang[MSFT]

      14th Aug 2006
Hi Jeremy,

I am afraid this is a product issue. The "Fix an application" functionality
has already been removed in .NET Framework 2.0 configuration manager.(Link
is still there for now, but basically it is gone).

We apologize for any inconvenience this may caused. I will forward this
issue to our corresponding team for review, that link should also be
removed since it has nothing to do.

Thanks

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Online Community Support
ications.

ak

      14th Aug 2006
Dear All,

Just for clarification: under .net 2.0 FW is one still possible to set
permissions on per application level?

If "Fix this Application" is not any more, what would be the
recommended procedure or tool?

Thanks for clarification, with best regards
ANDI

"Gary Chang[MSFT]" wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> I am afraid this is a product issue. The "Fix an application" functionality
> has already been removed in .NET Framework 2.0 configuration manager.(Link
> is still there for now, but basically it is gone).
>
> We apologize for any inconvenience this may caused. I will forward this
> issue to our corresponding team for review, that link should also be
> removed since it has nothing to do.
>
> Thanks
>

> Best regards,
>
> Gary Chang
> Microsoft Online Community Support
> ications.

Gary Chang[MSFT]

      15th Aug 2006
Hi,

The "Fix an Application" just use the Application Restore tool to examine
an application and detect problems associated with its dependencies. But
the Application Restore tool only existed in .NET Framework version 1.1 and
earlier, .NET framework 2.0 doesn't have this utility.

By the way, in .NET Framework 2.0, the permissions setting policy hasn't
been changed.