Firewire (IEEE 1394) port problem

=?Utf-8?B?QW50b25pbw==?=

      26th Oct 2005
I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro M30 with windows XP SP2.
When I tried to connect a video camera trough the firewire port, nothing
happened.
Checking the device manager I saw that the "Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant
IEEE 1394" had a yellow sign. It was a code 10 error.
I removed the hardware and reinstaled again several times without success.
Also tried to update driver, but nothing...
While I was removing and reinstaling, sometimes it was the device "network
adapter 1394" that had the yellow sign. Nevertheless the firewire port
didnt't work either.

Can someone help me?

Bob I

      26th Oct 2005
Did you try getting the "updated" drivers from Toshiba?

Antonio wrote:

> I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro M30 with windows XP SP2.
> When I tried to connect a video camera trough the firewire port, nothing
> happened.
> Checking the device manager I saw that the "Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant
> IEEE 1394" had a yellow sign. It was a code 10 error.
> I removed the hardware and reinstaled again several times without success.
> Also tried to update driver, but nothing...
> While I was removing and reinstaling, sometimes it was the device "network
> adapter 1394" that had the yellow sign. Nevertheless the firewire port
> didnt't work either.
>
> Can someone help me?

=?Utf-8?B?QW50b25pbw==?=

      26th Oct 2005
I was not able to find the Toshiba drivers for this device.
I have searched US site, Europe site, Spanish site, and no drive for ieee
1394...

"Bob I" wrote:

> Did you try getting the "updated" drivers from Toshiba?
>
> Antonio wrote:
>
> > I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro M30 with windows XP SP2.
> > When I tried to connect a video camera trough the firewire port, nothing
> > happened.
> > Checking the device manager I saw that the "Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant
> > IEEE 1394" had a yellow sign. It was a code 10 error.
> > I removed the hardware and reinstaled again several times without success.
> > Also tried to update driver, but nothing...
> > While I was removing and reinstaling, sometimes it was the device "network
> > adapter 1394" that had the yellow sign. Nevertheless the firewire port
> > didnt't work either.
> >
> > Can someone help me?

Richard Urban

      26th Oct 2005
Firewire capability is built into Windows XP. You don't need any other
drivers for it to work. All you need is a firewire port or add-in card.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User