Finding the registry keys for an applied group policy.

Wayne Pierce

      23rd Sep 2004
I have been looking for the location in the Windows registry where
group policy settings are stored, but cannot find any keys. The
locations I have checked include:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVer\Policies
HKLM\Software\Policies
HKCU\Software\Policies
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVer\Policies

Right now I am using the default local group policies with one minor
change. I changed one of the keys that would not affect a test login
to see if a key was added to the registry. This change was to
determine if the default policy was enforced but not in the registry
unless a value was changed.

Is there another place I should be looking for these?

What I am trying to do is write a program that scans the registry and
reports back on how the systems are configured. Ideally all of the
systems should be covered by various policies, but I need to check at
the registry level for around 300 machines.

Thanks for any help,

Wayne

Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]

      28th Sep 2004
Do they have a blue dot or a red dot next to them? Meaning, when you look
in the editor is there a red dot or a blue dot next to it?

Cary

news:(E-Mail Removed)...