Finding all files with a text phrase AND hilighting the phrase

fkissam

      5th Dec 2003
I am looking for a utility.

Everywhere in my microsoft word docs, I have the text expression "qqq".
That indicates that I have a question that must be answered.

I want to search within a FOLDER of 100 documents. I want to search and
show each document and hilight or show where the "qqq" appears in each of
those documents.

I have tried PowerDesk and Ransack and they will show all the docs that
contain the text phrase of "qqq". However, they do NOT show the place where
the "qqq" appears in the doc.

Could MSDOS do this?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Sir_George

      5th Dec 2003
fkissam,

I use Agent Ransack's free Version 1.7.2, Build 317 and it provides what you
are seeking. When a keyword search has concluded and you select a document
from the "file list view" the "contents view" screen shows the keyword in
"blue" and contains a number preceding the text; that number is associated
with the line number in the document found.

--
Sir_George
For better access to newsgroups;

"fkissam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eM6Vv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am looking for a utility.
>
> Everywhere in my microsoft word docs, I have the text expression "qqq".
> That indicates that I have a question that must be answered.
>
> I want to search within a FOLDER of 100 documents. I want to search and
> show each document and hilight or show where the "qqq" appears in each of
> those documents.
>
> I have tried PowerDesk and Ransack and they will show all the docs that
> contain the text phrase of "qqq". However, they do NOT show the place

where
> the "qqq" appears in the doc.
>
> Could MSDOS do this?
>
> Any suggestions would be helpful.

Kelly

      5th Dec 2003
Hi Sir George,

Where ya been? )

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP
[AE-Windows® XP]

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Repair/Customize Quick Launch, Taskbar and Notification Area

Registry Edits, Tips and Tricks for XP

news:bqpf2j$24sh32$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...