How to find/retrieve Outlook Express Emails from hard drive ...

=?Utf-8?B?c2FuZGk=?=

      31st Jan 2007
The motherboard on my laptop is no longer functioning, so I have created an
external hard drive from the hard drive in my laptop. How can I get my
Emails from that I was able to access using Outlook Express from the hard
drive so that I can import them into another system running Outlook?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hans Le Roy

      31st Jan 2007
Hi Sandi,

Look for DBX files (messages) and WAB files (address books).

CU

Hans

"sandi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The motherboard on my laptop is no longer functioning, so I have created
> an
> external hard drive from the hard drive in my laptop. How can I get my
> Emails from that I was able to access using Outlook Express from the hard
> drive so that I can import them into another system running Outlook?
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hans Le Roy

      31st Jan 2007
Hi Sandi,

In addition you might have a look at this article that describes those
files:

OLEXP: Mail Folders, Address Book, and E-mail Messages Are Missing After
You Upgrade to Microsoft Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313055

Kind regards

Hans

> The motherboard on my laptop is no longer functioning, so I have created an
> external hard drive from the hard drive in my laptop. How can I get my
> Emails from that I was able to access using Outlook Express from the hard
> drive so that I can import them into another system running Outlook?

> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PA Bear

      31st Jan 2007
You cannot import such backed up Outlook Express files directly into MS
Outlook on another machine, Sandi.