how to find out which service is using which port?

=?Utf-8?B?U29waGlh?=

      21st Feb 2004
Is there a way to find out which service is using which UDP port?

I am trying to install an application but the installation process keeps indicating the
UDP port is used by some other service and needs to disable it

I know the UDP port but cannot identify which service is using it

Thanks
Sophia

neo [mvp outlook]

      21st Feb 2004
you can try giving fport by foundstone.com a try. outside of that, you
might want to say which udp port # you are after since some windows services
use well known port numbers and someone might be able to answer this right
off the top of their head.

--
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to recent events in spam and malicious programs, all e-mails sent to

"Sophia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to find out which service is using which UDP port?
>
> I am trying to install an application but the installation process keeps

indicating the
> UDP port is used by some other service and needs to disable it.
>
> I know the UDP port but cannot identify which service is using it.
>
> Thanks,
> Sophia

=?Utf-8?B?U29waGlh?=

      21st Feb 2004

Thanks for the info. It's port 1645
I have ensured the IAS is not using it by disable the service and reboot. Bu
when I tried to reinstall another radius server, it complained. I went ahead to install it anyway

I donwload the fport (thx!) and found now the svchost.exe and the installed radius server bot
are using the 1645port. However, it didn't appear that Radius request message is processed
or received by the radius server still. Any recommendation?

Thanks
Sophi

----- neo [mvp outlook] wrote: ----

you can try giving fport by foundstone.com a try. outside of that, yo
might want to say which udp port # you are after since some windows service
use well known port numbers and someone might be able to answer this righ
off the top of their head

--
Neo [MVP Outlook
Due to recent events in spam and malicious programs, all e-mails sent t
this account will be deleted w/out reading

"Sophia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in messag
news:(E-Mail Removed)..
> Is there a way to find out which service is using which UDP port
>> I am trying to install an application but the installation process keep

indicating th
> UDP port is used by some other service and needs to disable it
>> I know the UDP port but cannot identify which service is using it
>> Thanks

> Sophi

neo [mvp outlook]

      22nd Feb 2004
If you are not using IAS, why not uninstall it so your other radius server
can acquire the necessary ports?

"Sophia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Thanks for the info. It's port 1645.
> I have ensured the IAS is not using it by disable the service and reboot.

But
> when I tried to reinstall another radius server, it complained. I went

ahead to install it anyway.

> I donwload the fport (thx!) and found now the svchost.exe and the

installed radius server both