Find all references to a query in it's MS Access DB

RWM

      13th Apr 2004
I need a module that when run would provide a list of all
the objects (reports, forms, other queries,etc.) that
reference that query in the MS Access DB. Do you know of
one ?

Chris2

      13th Apr 2004

"RWM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1ba7101c42106$6ab60290$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I need a module that when run would provide a list of all
> the objects (reports, forms, other queries,etc.) that
> reference that query in the MS Access DB. Do you know of
> one ?

RWM,

The short answer:

FMS Software writes a 3rd Party product that purports to handle this, but
I've never used it, so I'm not sure how well it works.

Or . . . write a VBA module that iterates through the appropriate
properties (ControlSource, etc.) of every Form and Report, and every control
on every Form and Report, and through the SQL properties of all QueryDefs,
keeping an accumulative list of hits whenever the search runs across a
QueryDef name.

Sincerely,

Chris O.