Filter by form and subform in ADP

Edgar

      21st Sep 2009
Dear all,

I have a ADP with master-detail forms, like a form SalesOrder, and subform
SalesOrderLines. The link between them has been made with master/child
fields, e.g. SalesOrderID.

If a filter by form is applied on the master form, the lines in the child
form are not refreshed (I mean the wrong lines for the header are shown). It
still shows the lines for the first record it showed before the filter was
applied. Also when browsing through the filtered records (moving to next and
previous records), the subform is not refreshed.

Is this a bug, and hopefully there is a solution for it, or am I doing
something wrong?

Thanks,

Edgar

Sylvain Lafontaine

      21st Sep 2009
If you are still on Access 2000 then upgrade to 2003. If not, then what's
the exact record source that you are using for both the form and the
subform? It looks like to me that you're not using a stored procedure for
your subform.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Windows Live Platform

"Edgar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear all,
>
> I have a ADP with master-detail forms, like a form SalesOrder, and subform
> SalesOrderLines. The link between them has been made with master/child
> fields, e.g. SalesOrderID.
>
> If a filter by form is applied on the master form, the lines in the child
> form are not refreshed (I mean the wrong lines for the header are shown).
> It
> still shows the lines for the first record it showed before the filter was
> applied. Also when browsing through the filtered records (moving to next
> and
> previous records), the subform is not refreshed.
>
> Is this a bug, and hopefully there is a solution for it, or am I doing
> something wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Edgar

charlie

      22nd Sep 2009
smiley central
"Edgar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear all,
>
> I have a ADP with master-detail forms, like a form SalesOrder, and subform
> SalesOrderLines. The link between them has been made with master/child
> fields, e.g. SalesOrderID.
>
> If a filter by form is applied on the master form, the lines in the child
> form are not refreshed (I mean the wrong lines for the header are shown).
> It
> still shows the lines for the first record it showed before the filter was
> applied. Also when browsing through the filtered records (moving to next
> and
> previous records), the subform is not refreshed.
>
> Is this a bug, and hopefully there is a solution for it, or am I doing
> something wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Edgar

Edgar

      22nd Sep 2009
I forgot to mention.
I use Access 2007 and SQL server 2005.
--
Thanks,

Edgar

"Sylvain Lafontaine" wrote:

> If you are still on Access 2000 then upgrade to 2003. If not, then what's
> the exact record source that you are using for both the form and the
> subform? It looks like to me that you're not using a stored procedure for
> your subform.
>
> --
> Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
> MVP - Windows Live Platform
> Email: sylvain2009 sylvainlafontaine com (fill the blanks, no spam please)
> Independent consultant and remote programming for Access and SQL-Server
> (French)
>

> "Edgar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I have a ADP with master-detail forms, like a form SalesOrder, and subform
> > SalesOrderLines. The link between them has been made with master/child
> > fields, e.g. SalesOrderID.
> >
> > If a filter by form is applied on the master form, the lines in the child
> > form are not refreshed (I mean the wrong lines for the header are shown).
> > It
> > still shows the lines for the first record it showed before the filter was
> > applied. Also when browsing through the filtered records (moving to next
> > and
> > previous records), the subform is not refreshed.
> >
> > Is this a bug, and hopefully there is a solution for it, or am I doing
> > something wrong?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Edgar

Edgar

      22nd Sep 2009
Both the master and the detail form have a table as recordsource, no stored
procedures.

--
Thanks,

Edgar

"Sylvain Lafontaine" wrote:

> If you are still on Access 2000 then upgrade to 2003. If not, then what's
> the exact record source that you are using for both the form and the
> subform? It looks like to me that you're not using a stored procedure for
> your subform.
>
> --
> Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
> MVP - Windows Live Platform
> Email: sylvain2009 sylvainlafontaine com (fill the blanks, no spam please)
> Independent consultant and remote programming for Access and SQL-Server
> (French)
>

> "Edgar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I have a ADP with master-detail forms, like a form SalesOrder, and subform
> > SalesOrderLines. The link between them has been made with master/child
> > fields, e.g. SalesOrderID.
> >
> > If a filter by form is applied on the master form, the lines in the child
> > form are not refreshed (I mean the wrong lines for the header are shown).
> > It
> > still shows the lines for the first record it showed before the filter was
> > applied. Also when browsing through the filtered records (moving to next
> > and
> > previous records), the subform is not refreshed.
> >
> > Is this a bug, and hopefully there is a solution for it, or am I doing
> > something wrong?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Edgar

Sylvain Lafontaine

      22nd Sep 2009
No problem here using Access 2003. How and when are you setting the record
source for the subform? At design time or in one of the form's events?

Also, how is defined the primary key for SalesOrderLines table?

Finally, if you are not to use any stored procedure, I don't see why you are
using ADP instead of a MDB/ACCDB file with ODBC Linked Tables/Views. Much
more easier.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Windows Live Platform
Email: sylvain2009 sylvainlafontaine com (fill the blanks, no spam please)
(French)

"Edgar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Both the master and the detail form have a table as recordsource, no
> stored
> procedures.
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Edgar
>

> "Sylvain Lafontaine" wrote:
>
>> If you are still on Access 2000 then upgrade to 2003. If not, then
>> what's
>> the exact record source that you are using for both the form and the
>> subform? It looks like to me that you're not using a stored procedure
>> for
>> your subform.
>>
>> --
>> Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
>> MVP - Windows Live Platform
>> Email: sylvain2009 sylvainlafontaine com (fill the blanks, no spam
>> please)
>> Independent consultant and remote programming for Access and SQL-Server
>> (French)
>>

>> "Edgar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Dear all,
>> >
>> > I have a ADP with master-detail forms, like a form SalesOrder, and
>> > subform
>> > SalesOrderLines. The link between them has been made with master/child
>> > fields, e.g. SalesOrderID.
>> >
>> > If a filter by form is applied on the master form, the lines in the
>> > child
>> > form are not refreshed (I mean the wrong lines for the header are
>> > shown).
>> > It
>> > still shows the lines for the first record it showed before the filter
>> > was
>> > applied. Also when browsing through the filtered records (moving to
>> > next
>> > and
>> > previous records), the subform is not refreshed.
>> >
>> > Is this a bug, and hopefully there is a solution for it, or am I doing
>> > something wrong?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Edgar

Edgar

      25th Sep 2009
The recordsource is set at design time, just a property behind the forms.

The sales order lines table has a unique single id field, SalesOrderLineID.
Foreign key is SalesOrderID. Both are autonum integers.

I inhereted the app from someone else. It is a lot of work to change
everything to linked odbc tables. I suppose this should work as well?

Thanks for you help.
---
Edgar

"Sylvain Lafontaine" wrote:

> No problem here using Access 2003. How and when are you setting the record
> source for the subform? At design time or in one of the form's events?
>
> Also, how is defined the primary key for SalesOrderLines table?
>
> Finally, if you are not to use any stored procedure, I don't see why you are
> using ADP instead of a MDB/ACCDB file with ODBC Linked Tables/Views. Much
> more easier.
>
> --
> Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
> MVP - Windows Live Platform
> Email: sylvain2009 sylvainlafontaine com (fill the blanks, no spam please)
> Independent consultant and remote programming for Access and SQL-Server
> (French)
>

> "Edgar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Both the master and the detail form have a table as recordsource, no
> > stored
> > procedures.
> >
> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Edgar
> >

> > "Sylvain Lafontaine" wrote:
> >
> >> If you are still on Access 2000 then upgrade to 2003. If not, then
> >> what's
> >> the exact record source that you are using for both the form and the
> >> subform? It looks like to me that you're not using a stored procedure
> >> for
> >> your subform.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
> >> MVP - Windows Live Platform
> >> Email: sylvain2009 sylvainlafontaine com (fill the blanks, no spam
> >> please)
> >> Independent consultant and remote programming for Access and SQL-Server
> >> (French)
> >>

> >> "Edgar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Sylvain Lafontaine

      25th Sep 2009
I've tried to reproduce your problem here with Access 2003, using different
combinations but with no success. Maybe this a bug of Access-ADP 2007.

Are you using form as the subform in your subform control or if you are
directly using the table's name; without any form?

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Windows Live Platform
Email: sylvain2009 sylvainlafontaine com (fill the blanks, no spam please)
(French)

"Edgar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The recordsource is set at design time, just a property behind the forms.
>
> The sales order lines table has a unique single id field,
> SalesOrderLineID.
> Foreign key is SalesOrderID. Both are autonum integers.
>
> I inhereted the app from someone else. It is a lot of work to change
> everything to linked odbc tables. I suppose this should work as well?
>
> Thanks for you help.
> ---
> Edgar
>

> "Sylvain Lafontaine" wrote:
>
>> No problem here using Access 2003. How and when are you setting the
>> record
>> source for the subform? At design time or in one of the form's events?
>>
>> Also, how is defined the primary key for SalesOrderLines table?
>>
>> Finally, if you are not to use any stored procedure, I don't see why you
>> are
>> using ADP instead of a MDB/ACCDB file with ODBC Linked Tables/Views.
>> Much
>> more easier.
>>
>> --
>> Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
>> MVP - Windows Live Platform
>> Email: sylvain2009 sylvainlafontaine com (fill the blanks, no spam
>> please)
>> Independent consultant and remote programming for Access and SQL-Server
>> (French)
>>

>> "Edgar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Both the master and the detail form have a table as recordsource, no
>> > stored
>> > procedures.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Edgar

Edgar

      29th Sep 2009

The sales order form has a subform control with the sales order lines form
as its source object.

Thanks,
--
Edgar