=?Utf-8?B?U3Byb2NrZXQ=?=

      23rd Feb 2005
In Window XP you have Picture and Fax viewer, but this is pretty rubbish if
using it a lot for faxes.
In Office 2003 you get Microsoft Office Document Imaging which is much
better for viewing faxes. Can you download or install this seperately for
systems with out Office 2003 or is there another good 'Free' piece of
software that is good at viewing/printing faxes.

Hal Hostetler [MVP-S/U]

      24th Feb 2005
Microsoft Office Document Imaging is not available as a separate download.
XP Fax files are .TIF image files which many graphics applications can view.

http://www.irfanview.com/
IrfanView

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (E-Mail Removed)

"Sprocket" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> In Window XP you have Picture and Fax viewer, but this is pretty rubbish
> if
> using it a lot for faxes.
> In Office 2003 you get Microsoft Office Document Imaging which is much
> better for viewing faxes. Can you download or install this seperately for
> systems with out Office 2003 or is there another good 'Free' piece of
> software that is good at viewing/printing faxes.

Raghavendra R [MSFT]

      24th Feb 2005
By the way I am curious what are the problems with Windows Picture & Fax
Viewer. Please care to explain them in detail.

--
Raghavendra R
purposes only.'

"Hal Hostetler [MVP-S/U]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u1jF%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Microsoft Office Document Imaging is not available as a separate download.
> XP Fax files are .TIF image files which many graphics applications can
> view.
>
> http://www.irfanview.com/
> IrfanView
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (E-Mail Removed)
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-S/U -- WA7BGX
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "Sprocket" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In Window XP you have Picture and Fax viewer, but this is pretty rubbish
>> if
>> using it a lot for faxes.
>> In Office 2003 you get Microsoft Office Document Imaging which is much
>> better for viewing faxes. Can you download or install this seperately for
>> systems with out Office 2003 or is there another good 'Free' piece of
>> software that is good at viewing/printing faxes.

Martin Engelbert

      24th Feb 2005
You could convert all incoming faxes to PDF.
Check http://www.aloaha.com/article/fax2pdf.html
Martin