fax/scan for Vista Home Premium

User

      17th Feb 2010

Of course those of us who buy PCs with it already loaded doesn't have that
opportunity or choice, so AH jerks don't contribute to the solution - just
mindlessly sound off.

"bjr" wrote:

> Another DS who doesn't read the features before he buys the product.
>
> Madhur Patel wrote:
> > Yes , very rightly said so.
> >
> > "Ree" wrote:
> >
> >> I'm thoroughly DISGUSTED with MicroSoft for removing this feature from the
> >> program. I used this feature frequently. If I had known this prior to
> >> recently purchasing this system and upgrade--I probably would not have.
> >>
> >> Microsoft, you've gotten so big that you seem to feel it's okay to 'dog-out'
> >> your loyal customers without any negative ramifications to you. NOT COOL!!!!
> >>
> >> ----------------
> >> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> >> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> >> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> >> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> >> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >>
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...print_fax_scan

Ken Kuhlman

      5th Mar 2010
I agree. When I bought my PC, Windows Vista Home Premium was installed.
There was no option of going bigger and I assumed it was an upgrade from XP
(and all the others). Then I tried to use the fax. What a joke. I have a
Lexmark X5250 all-in-one with fax software. It crashes. Won't fax. Sucks!
I download ed "V3 Call Center" for free and I managed to make it send faxes
with home premium! Not the total answer but is does work! I think Microsoft
doesn't make enough money so they fix it so if you want what you had it'll
cost ya!

"Steve Smegner" wrote:

> I am wide awake and know of what I speak.
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../fax-scan.aspx is
> pretty clear. I stated I had a fax server and could not use it in Vista Home
> edition. It had nothing to do with fax modems analog or otherwise. Whenever I
> try to access the remote fax server (fax print function) from Vista Home I am
> directed to the Windows Fax and Scan function which is not available in Vista
> Home. Microsoft has decided that the average home user would not need the
> capability to scan or fax. Since Enterprise SKU is not available to consumers
> only the Ultimate Edition is available for the home user to fax and scan. And
> that requires paying much more than the average price for Vista Home.
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
> > Wake up. AIO support has never had anything to do with the Windows Fax
> > module. Everyone knows full well which Vista versions include fax support
> > for standalone fax modems. No need to restate the obvious.
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "Steve Smegner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > No Russ you have it wrong. "Windows Fax and Scan" functionality is ONLY
> > > included in the Enterprise and Ultimate Editions. I worked for MSFt for
> > > nearly 10 years. They are monitizing functionality. The functionality is
> > > on
> > > the disc but unavailable unless you key in a PID that matches an
> > > Enterprise
> > > or Ultimate SKU. I have a fax server that works just fine on my XP and
> > > Vista
> > > Ultimate machine. On the laptop I am typing on now I have Vista Home
> > > Premium.
> > > When I try and use the fax server I get a prompt that fax client software
> > > is
> > > not installed and do I want to install it. If I click Yes it pops up and
> > > tells me some DLL is missing. The option to install the functionality is
> > > not
> > > available in this SKU. I have to install the Ultimate Edition on this
> > > machine
> > > before that functionality becomes available. I went through this on my
> > > other
> > > Vista machines that originally had Home Premium installed. Same error.
> > > Same
> > > issue. When I entered an Ultimate PID the suddenly the machine would find
> > > the
> > > missing DLL and install the functionality.
> > >
> > > This has nothing to do with 3rd party vendor fax products or software.

Ben

      8th Apr 2010

T have been using Micrsoft products since 198, I am fes up of the hassele I
hope Google will como out soon witha s Dos so I acan swich and never spend my
time and money with Microsft

"Ree" wrote:

> I'm thoroughly DISGUSTED with MicroSoft for removing this feature from the
> program. I used this feature frequently. If I had known this prior to
> recently purchasing this system and upgrade--I probably would not have.
>
> Microsoft, you've gotten so big that you seem to feel it's okay to 'dog-out'
> your loyal customers without any negative ramifications to you. NOT COOL!!!!
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...print_fax_scan

Chuck

      8th Apr 2010
One can only speculate as to why Microsoft elected to not include it.
From my view point,it's a "so what", since my all in ones have supplied
basic fax capability anyway.

Support and reliability for MS windows fax has been quite problematic
for some time.

On 4/7/2010 7:24 PM, Ben wrote:
> T have been using Micrsoft products since 198, I am fes up of the hassele I
> hope Google will como out soon witha s Dos so I acan swich and never spend my
> time and money with Microsft
>
> "Ree" wrote:
>
>> I'm thoroughly DISGUSTED with MicroSoft for removing this feature from the
>> program. I used this feature frequently. If I had known this prior to
>> recently purchasing this system and upgrade--I probably would not have.
>>
>> Microsoft, you've gotten so big that you seem to feel it's okay to 'dog-out'
>> your loyal customers without any negative ramifications to you. NOT COOL!!!!

>> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
>> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
>> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...print_fax_scan

Railfan

      19th May 2010