Fax receiving with HP laptop & Win-XP

Al Jones

      7th Jun 2004
Can I receive faxes with an HP laptop (Win-XP) in the standby mode?

I presume it is impossible in the hibernate mode.

Can I expect the hp to jump out of standby and process the fax?
That is, is XP really running in its standby mode and watching the
hardware?

I just do not want to leave the display on all day waiting for the fax.

If I lower the display lid, the display goes off. I do not know whether
this is the true standby mode or just display off. Would it receive faxes
then?

Sorry if this group is only for Win-2000.

Thanks,

Al

Loganatr [MSFT]

      29th Jun 2004
In general No, but some Motherboards & Modems support wakeup on receiving
ring.

You can post XP fax related questions to
microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax
--
Loganatr [MSFT]
purposes only.'