Babel17

      5th Jun 2004
I am having a problem with Microsoft Fax Console version 5.1.

Previous to this problem, when I sent a fax, the Fax Monitor would open and
show the progress of the send. When the fax completed, a word balloon would
appear on the System Tray stating that the send was successful.

A few days ago, Fax Monitor stopped appearing when I send a fax. I could
open it manually with the Fax Console 'Tools' drop-down menu, but even when
I did, the Fax Monitor would be blank, and show no progress.

The Fax Console still works and sends faxes successfully, but no Fax Monitor
and no System Tray word balloon.

How can I restore the Fax Monitor to proper function ? (I don't really care
about the word balloon).

I opened Control Panel > Printers and Faxes > Fax > Properties > Tracking.
Under 'Automatically open Fax Monitor when a fax is being':
sent
received
both are checked.
However, the icon at the top of Fax Properties has a white exclamation point
in a red circle.

Does anyone know how to fix this ?

As a second question, does anyone know why Zone Alarm asks me if I want to
let fax console access the internet ? As I understand it, these faxes are
going over my phone modem, not my internet cable. I have always checked
Deny on Zone Alarm, and it has not interfered with my sending faxes either
before this problem appeared, or after.

Will Denny

      5th Jun 2004
Hi

You may like to direct your question here:

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Babel17" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:PLpwc.5349$(E-Mail Removed)...
| I am having a problem with Microsoft Fax Console version 5.1.
|
| Previous to this problem, when I sent a fax, the Fax Monitor would open
and
| show the progress of the send. When the fax completed, a word balloon
would
| appear on the System Tray stating that the send was successful.
|
| A few days ago, Fax Monitor stopped appearing when I send a fax. I could
| open it manually with the Fax Console 'Tools' drop-down menu, but even
when
| I did, the Fax Monitor would be blank, and show no progress.
|
| The Fax Console still works and sends faxes successfully, but no Fax
Monitor
| and no System Tray word balloon.
|
| How can I restore the Fax Monitor to proper function ? (I don't really
care
| about the word balloon).
|
| I opened Control Panel > Printers and Faxes > Fax > Properties > Tracking.
| Under 'Automatically open Fax Monitor when a fax is being':
| sent
| received
| both are checked.
| However, the icon at the top of Fax Properties has a white exclamation
point
| in a red circle.
|
| Does anyone know how to fix this ?
|
| As a second question, does anyone know why Zone Alarm asks me if I want to
| let fax console access the internet ? As I understand it, these faxes are
| going over my phone modem, not my internet cable. I have always checked
| Deny on Zone Alarm, and it has not interfered with my sending faxes either
| before this problem appeared, or after.

Babel17

      5th Jun 2004
Thanks. I will.
"Will Denny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23kGA%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> You may like to direct your question here:

> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Babel17" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:PLpwc.5349$(E-Mail Removed)...
> | I am having a problem with Microsoft Fax Console version 5.1.
> |
> | Previous to this problem, when I sent a fax, the Fax Monitor would open
> and
> | show the progress of the send. When the fax completed, a word balloon
> would
> | appear on the System Tray stating that the send was successful.
> |
> | A few days ago, Fax Monitor stopped appearing when I send a fax. I

could
> | open it manually with the Fax Console 'Tools' drop-down menu, but even
> when
> | I did, the Fax Monitor would be blank, and show no progress.
> |
> | The Fax Console still works and sends faxes successfully, but no Fax
> Monitor
> | and no System Tray word balloon.
> |
> | How can I restore the Fax Monitor to proper function ? (I don't really
> care
> | about the word balloon).
> |
> | I opened Control Panel > Printers and Faxes > Fax > Properties >

Tracking.
> | Under 'Automatically open Fax Monitor when a fax is being':
> | sent
> | received
> | both are checked.
> | However, the icon at the top of Fax Properties has a white exclamation
> point
> | in a red circle.
> |
> | Does anyone know how to fix this ?
> |
> | As a second question, does anyone know why Zone Alarm asks me if I want

> | let fax console access the internet ? As I understand it, these faxes

are
> | going over my phone modem, not my internet cable. I have always checked
> | Deny on Zone Alarm, and it has not interfered with my sending faxes

either
> | before this problem appeared, or after.

John A

      5th Jun 2004
Two fax processes ask for access in Zone Alarm. In order for fax to
work properly you need to allow access in ZA

John Allen

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 20:09:19 GMT, "Babel17"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am having a problem with Microsoft Fax Console version 5.1.
>
>Previous to this problem, when I sent a fax, the Fax Monitor would open and
>show the progress of the send. When the fax completed, a word balloon would
>appear on the System Tray stating that the send was successful.
>
>A few days ago, Fax Monitor stopped appearing when I send a fax. I could
>open it manually with the Fax Console 'Tools' drop-down menu, but even when
>I did, the Fax Monitor would be blank, and show no progress.
>
>The Fax Console still works and sends faxes successfully, but no Fax Monitor
>and no System Tray word balloon.
>
>How can I restore the Fax Monitor to proper function ? (I don't really care
>about the word balloon).
>
>I opened Control Panel > Printers and Faxes > Fax > Properties > Tracking.
>Under 'Automatically open Fax Monitor when a fax is being':
> sent
> received
>both are checked.
>However, the icon at the top of Fax Properties has a white exclamation point
>in a red circle.
>
>Does anyone know how to fix this ?
>
>As a second question, does anyone know why Zone Alarm asks me if I want to
>let fax console access the internet ? As I understand it, these faxes are
>going over my phone modem, not my internet cable. I have always checked
>Deny on Zone Alarm, and it has not interfered with my sending faxes either
>before this problem appeared, or after.

Babel17

      5th Jun 2004
I just send a fax. Zone Alarm asked me once for permission, for "Fax
Service". "Microsoft Fax Console", which is also listed in Zone Alarm, did
NOT ask. I allowed access for "Fax Service". The fax transmitted, but "Fax
Monitor" did NOT appear.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...