Faster downloads

Pete

      8th May 2004
Hi, all.
Is there a program or tip that can make my downloads
faster? I'm using XP Pro on IE.
Thanks for your time.

John Barnett MVP

      8th May 2004
You could try a download accelerator like DAP 7.0. There is a free version
and a pay version. What this does is locates multiple sites for the download
thus, theoretically, reducing download time. it is available from
www.speedbit.com

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:a31d01c43500$fb568500$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, all.
> Is there a program or tip that can make my downloads
> faster? I'm using XP Pro on IE.
> Thanks for your time.

Skip

      8th May 2004
http://www.tweakxp.com/performance_tweaks.aspx

Try above site...Are you talking downloading from
internet? If you are using a dial-up ISP(internet service
provider) you would need to upgrade to DSL or Cable for
faster download speeds....Good luck.

=?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4=?=

      8th May 2004
Heres another. speedguide.net